CrazyBoards.org

Do any of you fast? Either regularly or periodically, cleansing, so to speak? As in prior to embarking on an adventure of stopping the insanity of poisoning oneself with food? Junk food, sugar, etc.

Just looking for suggestions, feedback, going on, coming of a fast in a healthy manner.

S9

I never fast in a good way.  I just stop eating because I feel terrible, and then the less I eat, I more I feel light and clean.  Even when I'm falling over at the gym.  Even when I'm shaking and headachey and probably acting like a bitch, because I'm pure.  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. 

My parents, particularly my father, sometimes fast for religious reasons.  Hunger pangs are a reminder to pray, among other things.  Always set a time limit.  Always drink plenty of water.  (A complete fast, with no fluids, is just plain stupid.)  Some people have a liquid fast for longer periods, as it is not a good idea to stop imbibing nutrients for a month.  Be sure you're fasting from a place of health.  Arbitrarily not eating from a place of illness will only make things worse. 

If your meds need to be taken with food, be sure you work out a plan for accomodating this during your fasting period. 

Be very careful. 

by fast do you mean restricting your diet or cutting out foods?

since you're on meds, i hope you're doing more of the health food fast no sugar no artifical color fast kinda thing....

past that, i don't have anything helpful to offer.  i've restricted my diet looking for triggers for stomach problems, but that's a differen't kind of thing, i think.

good luck

penny

by fast do you mean restricting your diet or cutting out foods?
I mean like a 24 hour, water only, or tea, juice whatever, a *cleansing* fast...giving the body a break from toxic input, with the (high) hopes of starting back on health(ier) foods. I've been binging on bad, bad, bad stuff lately.

I know nothing bad will happen if I don't eat and just drink water for a day or so, I just wondered if anyone had any experience, routines, etc., with this sort of thing. Good advice sort of stuff. There is tons of stuff on the web, I was just kind of brain picking here, so to speak. ;)

Archived