CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
wookie

Christmas War Stories: Let's share and compare :-\

My christmas was okay.

I survived it. 

I do well when the food is rolling in and the drinks are flowing. Saves me from having to make idle chit-chat.

Went to one family gathering and I ended up getting the shakes (I have essential tremor of the head and neck) and nerves.

My seat was in the corner in front of family I rarely see.

I ended up swallowing 2 ativan, and some pepto-bizmal and swallowed my pride and survived.

we were being forced to socialize and it was painful. 

Anyone want to share?

My Christmas was pretty laid back. In fact, in parts it was good. You may raise your eyebrow, but the best part was the evening of Christmas Eve, when we ran out of propane. That night, though, my brothers and I sat around and ate leftover cookies and watched the whole Sergio Leone Dollars trilogy, so that was cool. 

Also, everyone got their cookie delivery on time and in good shape, even the people who got theirs FedEx. 

We didn't actually do any celebrating Christmas Day. About half the people who were going to get together, had to work, and anyway, the roads were ridiculous. So instead, Monday night, everyone converged here and we all just had pizza. Again, it was nice. One of the kids is recovering from a minor procedure, and the roads were still shit, so it was brief, but at least we all got to see each other. And it's over now. AND I got a coloring book of bad words, which made me way too happy.

Christmas went overall ok for me.  I did enjoy seeing relatives Sunday.  No real "war stories."

The stuff that pissed me off wasn't a huge thing I guess, but I went to my parents house for 2 nights.  Packing everything up (meds, etc) to spend the night anywhere ... the bag is half full of PRN meds and pill container/s, and other stuff that just takes up all the room in the bag.  And even if over for 1 night, still the same as packing for a week, regarding meds anyway.

The one thing that really pissed me off was that everything was closed on Monday the 26th.  And I just wanted the Christmas "after-effects" to just go away.  End.  Get back to normal.  The 26th was like an extended weekend day, and weekends for me in general suck.  I mean Christmas went ok, but then Monday comes around and nothing changed from a regular weekend day.  Not happy.  Just irritable, impatient, and all that good stuff.

Got sick on Chinese food Wednesday before xmas.  Then Thursday I was still getting over the sickness when Aunt Flow decided it was time to visit (for approximately 7 days).  

Christmas Even night was spent with my parents and their friends who are Trump supporters and they are in their mid to late 60's so if they were  not talking politics, they were jabbering about death and sickness.  I guess they know a lot of sick people and people who died.  So depressing.  

Christmas day was ok despite Flow and I even managed to have a few alcoholic cocktails without having a facial migraine.  

Monday and Tuesday were long and boring.

Today i went to the gym again- FINALLY.  I worked out for two hours- take THAT you empty calories!  

Every single xmas present I bought for someone else was well-received and fit properly.  That is very important to me.  

I spent Christmas Eve in the ER because I developed EPS from my antipsychotic and my psychiatrist is away.  Then I spent Christmas Day working a 24 hour shift, which at least distracted me from my lack of family and my shitty memories.

I spent the weekend sick (cold, flu, fuck if I know) AND on my period. Since I agreed to feed my coworker's cat I had to leave every day instead of spending all day in bed with my cat. Then I had to pay for ubers because I slept so much that I missed the last buses because of the holiday schedule. At least on New Years Eve, the buses are running till 3:30AM.

19 hours ago, tryp said:

I spent Christmas Eve in the ER because I developed EPS from my antipsychotic and my psychiatrist is away.  Then I spent Christmas Day working a 24 hour shift, which at least distracted me from my lack of family and my shitty memories.

Wow that sucks ... I hope things are going better for you now.

I had to spend the holiday at a relative's house, and I got bit by some kind of bug or maybe a little spider, on my face when I was asleep. It swelled up and got all itchy and red. Not a war story exactly, but worth mentioning. 

6 hours ago, paintedsky said:

I had to spend the holiday at a relative's house, and I got bit by some kind of bug or maybe a little spider, on my face when I was asleep. It swelled up and got all itchy and red. Not a war story exactly, but worth mentioning. 

I think this is also worth mentioning to your GP, especially if it hasn't gotten any better at this point.

11 hours ago, paintedsky said:

Thank you it did get better 

That is good to hear!  I'm glad it is better now.  That would have concerned me if it hadn't gotten better yet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By huntforbravery
      Hi everyone!
      I'm huntforbravery. I've got social phobia and it's been kicking my ass lately. I thought joining a community might help me to talk some of it through. Not to mention I'll get to meet new people through the comfort of anonymity . I just graduated from school and am on the job hunt. I spend a lot of time binging TV and blogging. I try and get out of the house and be social when I can. My anxiety can make it hard, though, especially with things like networking events that I can't get out of. Thankfully, I have a good support network who help me through the worst of it.
      It's nice to meet you all.
    • By Megan Lastname
      I didn't realize I posted this in the wrong place the first time. oops. I'm not used to forums.

So, I've sorted through a lot of the 'issues' I've had with how I was thinking before and I think I have a handle on how to live a content life or at least function. I have social anxiety and depression.
      I learned how to retrain my way of thinking if that makes sense, so I am hopeful. The thing is, if I have any shade of a doubt about whether I am right or wrong about something than I know the paranoia will just come back later.
      Getting to the point. I am occasionally paranoid that people can hear my thoughts. The theory is that the majority of people know about it. maybe everybody can do it, maybe not. Maybe it doesn't happen all of the time, maybe they only hear when they are listening in. They talk about it when they think I can't hear them, or when they think they are being discreet enough that someone as dumb as me won't know what they are talking about. They won't admit to it because it is better if I don't know, like if I do then it will make me feel too self conscious, only make me feel worse and it won't help me any. I do feel like I have evidence of it when I replay some older memories, but I also am rational enough to look for other explanations for the memories, but I don't feel convinced enough that I can let it go. 
      I know I should see a doctor, but I don't have medical insurance. so far visiting forums and chatting with people who can relate has helped, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the subject.
    • By Megan Lastname
      So, I've sorted through a lot of the 'issues' I've had with how I was thinking before and I think I have a handle on how to live a content life or at least function. I have social anxiety and depression.
      I learned how to retrain my way of thinking if that makes sense, so I am hopeful. The thing is, if I have any shade of a doubt about whether I am right or wrong about something than I know the paranoia will just come back later.
      Getting to the point. I am occasionally paranoid that people can hear my thoughts. The theory is that the majority of people know about it. maybe everybody can do it, maybe not. Maybe it doesn't happen all of the time, maybe they only hear when they are listening in. They talk about it when they think I can't hear them, or when they think they are being discreet enough that someone as dumb as me won't know what they are talking about. They won't admit to it because it is better if I don't know, like if I do then it will make me feel too self conscious, only make me feel worse and it won't help me any. I do feel like I have evidence of it when I replay some older memories, but I also am rational enough to look for other explanations for the memories, but I don't feel convinced enough that I can let it go. 
      I know I should see a doctor, but I don't have medical insurance. so far visiting forums and chatting with people who can relate has helped, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the subject.
    • By Crassansass
      My anxiety for the last two days has been rather high, but nothing really unmanageable until i think about going outside. I don't have agoraphobia but going outside is still a stressful event for me that cycles until i get back home. However these last two days even just going to the end of my driveway has been a terror and has increased my depression just because i feel so guilty about how scared i am.
      Usually i would wait until i feel a little better but i really need to go into town and buy a few things; does anyone have some tips that really help them stay calm when they get out of the house?
    • By SobrietyAnxiety
      This is my second post. So again, bear with me.

I have some issues with substance abuse, depression, and just about every type of anxiety disorder you can find in the DSMs. With my "addictive personality," Adderall has become a drug that I just can't get enough of. I've been taking it for over a year and have come to a conclusion that if I keep taking it, things will only get worse than they are now. 

I don't have a job and live with my parents. I'm a part-time student and only take a couple courses per semester. It's been years since I held an official job. At first, I thought that Adderall was enhancing my performance--in everything, but that couldn't be further from the truth. The most I've gotten out of it are As in my classes and repetitive artwork that seems to be getting "bland" over time. After a ton of obsessive research, I concluded that mirtazapine might be the key to curing my anxiety and depression, help me gain weight, and quit Adderall. I don't want to get into pharmacology of the combination of Adderall and mirtazapine, because I'm way, way too tired. 

Anyway, my doctor agreed with me that mirtazapine may be a fantastic option to cure all of what I've stated above. I was prescribed 15 milligrams to take nightly. The first night I was out cold, and the next day wasn't too bad at all. The second day (today) however, I'm cranky, impatient, exhausted, and guilty for not doing anything with my life. I know I want to give this medication a fair shot, but I'm one of those people that read up way too much on other's experiences with medication. The positives so far are that I'm not craving Adderall as much as I usually do, and clonazepam (which I forgot to note) isn't really needed either. Still, with this lethargy there is absolutely no way I could hold a job or even continue in school. 

All in all, I want to know if anyone can relate, especially if they have been on Adderall and mirtazapine simultaneously. Also, has anyone quit Adderall cold-turkey from a 40mg dose (or over)? If so, how long did it take to get your mental and physical energy back. I have the rest of summer to solve this, but as all people that take pharmacueticals know, seeing a doctor/psychiatrist every two weeks and continued trial-and-error fails takes so much time, money and stress.

Thanks.