CrazyBoards.org

sudden sharp head pain

Guest ~Aurelie~

Guest ~Aurelie~

and it makes me feel disoriented and like i will collapse. my hands immediately go to my head to hold it together. it started happening in the summer, but not often. now it's often, like almost every day, and more than once a day.

i've looked around the internet but have not found what kind of headache this could be. i am a migrainer, but these are different. could the constant stress of my entire life finally be taking a toll?

thank you in advance for any insight you can share.

aurelie

Heya Aurelie,

Here's where I responded on the other thread:

Heya Aurelie,

Glad you're seeing your doctor soon.

These new headaches might be because you're so worried.

They might also be a variant on the migraine, or something completely unrelated.

With a new headache, you really need to be examined to make sure nothing nasty is going on!

Guest ~Aurelie~

Heya Aurelie,

Here's where I responded on the other thread:

Heya Aurelie,

Glad you're seeing your doctor soon.

These new headaches might be because you're so worried.

They might also be a variant on the migraine, or something completely unrelated.

With a new headache, you really need to be examined to make sure nothing nasty is going on!

• 3 years later...

and it makes me feel disoriented and like i will collapse. my hands immediately go to my head to hold it together. it started happening in the summer, but not often. now it's often, like almost every day, and more than once a day.

i've looked around the internet but have not found what kind of headache this could be. i am a migrainer, but these are different. could the constant stress of my entire life finally be taking a toll?

aurelie

Did you ever go to the doctor about these headaches. I've been experiencing the same for several months now, but unfortunately I think my doctor (and the neurologist she referred me to) thinks that I'm some hypochondriac who wants a doctor's pass from my high-pressure job. When I read your post, I could immediately identify with it (immediately grabbing my head, disoriented, feeling faint, but now a new symptom nauseousness). What did your doctor tell you about it?

aurelie

Did you ever go to the doctor about these headaches. I've been experiencing the same for several months now, but unfortunately I think my doctor (and the neurologist she referred me to) thinks that I'm some hypochondriac who wants a doctor's pass from a high-pressure job. When I read your post, I could immediately identify with it (immediately grabbing my head, disoriented, feeling faint, but now a new symptom nauseousness). What did your doctor tell you about it?

If you want to ensure you have no brain cooties running around (and max out your health insuance plan dollars) you can always go to a well-stocked urgent care (better call first) or an ER and request a CT scan.

Really, if a neurologist didn't give you some pills or order some tests to help your condition, the only solution is to try and find another neuro, providing their is more than one neuro practice in your area.

Did you ever go to the doctor about these headaches. I've been experiencing the same for several months now, but unfortunately I think my doctor (and the neurologist she referred me to) thinks that I'm some hypochondriac who wants a doctor's pass from a high-pressure job. When I read your post, I could immediately identify with it (immediately grabbing my head, disoriented, feeling faint, but now a new symptom nauseousness). What did your doctor tell you about it?

A few years ago I started getting horrible ice-pick like headaches behind my left eye. I'd never felt that sort of pain before and it was constant. Luckily I was referred to a neurologist. The CT scan showed nothing untoward and he tentatively diagnosed it as chronic hemicranial paroxysm (CHP). He prescribed an NSAID called indomethecine, which CHP responds to incredibly well. Within a couple of days the pain was almost entirely gone. You do have to be careful with taking long term because it can harm your stomach, but something like omeprazole will help prevent that.

I've been taking it for about two and a half years now and the effective dose has gone from five or six pills a day to one pill every three or four days as needed. The stuff's generic so the costs aren't great. Maybe ask your doctor about this even just to trial it. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Guest Rhonda

aurelie

Well I have had the same issue. I was told by a neuroligist that it has to do with small leakage in the brain. He told me just to take an inflamatory medicine. However this week my heart started racing for a few seconds and then when it stopped raicing I got that terrible pain in my head that lasted for a few seconds. I have had a headache for 3 days now off and on. They are now sending me back to the neuro doctor. Let me know if you find out on your end.

Rhonda

Archived