CrazyBoards.org

One common pattern I have noticed around here is that people tend to have auditory hallucinations more than any other sort of hallucination. Yet this seems odd to me personally, because the only sort of auditory hallucination I have ever gotten is little innocuous noises due to hypnagogia, and my hallucinations overall are otherwise solely visual, be they staticky, flickery, ripply stuff or moving white coffee-stain-like splotches and waves of yellow color in (somewhat) low light. So has anyone else here had primarily visual hallucinations, as opposed to primarily auditory ones?

5 hours ago, Closure said:

So has anyone else here had primarily visual hallucinations, as opposed to primarily auditory ones?

No, I have not had primarily visual hallucinations, but I do/did have the visual ones also ... more when off meds/wrong meds than now though. 

Idk if yours are like this, but most of the hallucinations I had were in color and clear.

On 1/11/2017 at 6:32 PM, melissaw72 said:

No, I have not had primarily visual hallucinations, but I do/did have the visual ones also ... more when off meds/wrong meds than now though. 

Idk if yours are like this, but most of the hallucinations I had were in color and clear.

I get essentially four different kinds of visual hallucinations. My most common kind look kind of, but not really, like static, flicker, ripples, etc. and are transparent, and most visible in full light but can sometimes be seen in the dark. My next most common kind is only visible in the dark or in dim (but not necessarily that dim) light, and look like sometimes moving, sometimes stationary white coffee stain-like blobs. My next most common kind is only visible in complete darkness, i.e. primarily with my eyes closed, and look like rainbow-colored arcs over my visual field. My last most common kind are waves of yellow color that pass over my visual field in dim light. Interestingly enough, I largely cannot see my visual hallucinations while driving.