CrazyBoards.org

Thinking about stopping my cocktail and just using 10 mg of zyprexa once i lose weight

Zyprexa seemed to be a miracle drug for me when i took it. I'm currently on abilify ambien klonopin and trazodone as needed for sleep. I would rate my mental health currently around the 8-9 out of 10 range. Highest functioning I have had maybe ever taking drugs. A level of functioning I didn't think was possible. So why change? Well I think zyprexa is a more effective drug and I think that I would rather take one drug over 3-4 drugs. The only reason I stopped zyprexa before was because I gained a lot of weight and had diabetes and high cholesterol and was going to be dead in 6 months. That all sounds terrible and it was but I think I found a way to take weight inducing antipsychotics and not get insulin resistance. A simple diet change of limiting my carb load. So assuming if i do go back on zyprexa and stick to my current diet of just meat and veggies with some cheese. I'm theorizing that I won't gain any weight or will not have insulin resistance yet get a 10 as far as my mental health goes. What do you guys think worth the risk? My current psychiatrist refused to let me on zyprexa when i was 300 pounds but i'm currently 250 pounds and hoping i will get a shot again eventually.

It's a bad idea to stop your cocktail. This is a present issue for me. I have gone through a very stressful life event, and have been missing my nightly dose of Tegretol because I fall asleep earlier rather than deal with stress. Well, I have fallen into a depression this week. What is different this week than last? This week is when I began to forget the Tegretol. Well, the last two days I've gone back to my original dosing and am feeling better. Bottom line is that playing with your meds can cause you to become unstable even if you think you could be stable without them.

Work with your doctor if you are having problems with your current cocktail.

8 minutes ago, jt07 said:

It's a bad idea to stop your cocktail. This is a present issue for me. I have gone through a very stressful life event, and have been missing my nightly dose of Tegretol because I fall asleep earlier rather than deal with stress. Well, I have fallen into a depression this week. What is different this week than last? This week is when I began to forget the Tegretol. Well, the last two days I've gone back to my original dosing and am feeling better. Bottom line is that playing with your meds can cause you to become unstable even if you think you could be stable without them.

Work with your doctor if you are having problems with your current cocktail.

Well I wasn't going to stop it right away. Only once I'm at a normal bmi. Its risky to stop something that is working but I just feel like I can function at a higher level on zyprexa than on the current medication i'm on. Last time I took zyprexa I was able to attend college and get straight a's the semester I took it. So its a very wonderful drug. But its just a matter of losing the remaining pounds so the doctor will have no excuse not to let me try it. Don't get me wrong the current meds i'm taking work but i'd like to be completely symptom free and hoping thats what zyprexa can give me. Currently i get bouts of depression occasionally.

1 hour ago, JustGotOut said:

but i'd like to be completely symptom free

FWIW ... sometimes when someone feels symptom free, and goes off of meds ... awhile later the person might become symptomatic again because the meds were working more than the person thought.

(I know I didn't explain that well, I hope it make sense).