CrazyBoards.org

That point when you realize you aren't as important as you thought

I've felt this way also.  When the voices and delusions go away it is scary, at least for me, because I feel like I was just thrown from one world to another (IRL one), with knowing nothing about what to do, how to react, what the people will be like ... too many unpredictable unknowns, and without help from anyone.  I remember this feeling and it was terrible.

I'm sorry you are going through this too.

On 1/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, JustGotOut said:

Nothing is more painful in this illness than that point when you realize all the delusions and mania weren't true and you come down from the high and realize you are a nobody:(

I know exactly where you're coming from. I thought that I was becoming famous when I was manic. But when I came back down to full reality, it messed with my thoughts, feelings and actions. For a while from coming down, I was wishing and hoping that part of my manic episodes were true, because I got a lot of things accomplished, but in reality, it was nothing near close to being famous at all. I got nothing substantial done. I just grandiose ideations that seemed to feel good in the moment. However, I never want to be manic ever again. Reality is a lot safer as far as being in control over your life.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, JustGotOut said:

Nothing is more painful in this illness than that point when you realize all the delusions and mania weren't true and you come down from the high and realize you are a nobody:(

I am with you ..I feel like a nobody