show us your desktop!

well alright, but mine's not very exciting. how'd you get all those coloured boxes and writing things on yours?

g

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFLMAO. You MAY have just saved my life tonight.

I have to jack this thread, for Mr. Mouse: don't be AFRAID, it was only a sponge imitation...it was a gestalt thing.

/threadjack

Well, if the young 'uns aren't going to tell us old farts how you do that, we'll just take a photograph. 

Gosh, it's messy.  Gotta clean it up. 

That's my naked husband.  Bet he's sorry he ever bought me a camera....

olga

Well, if the young 'uns aren't going to tell us old farts how you do that, we'll just take a photograph. 

olga

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God, Olga, he's a hottie, even from the fuzzy picture.

olga

ROFLMAO Olga!

Relatively young'un here and I seriously don't know how to do that screenshot business!  Hehe, I guess I'm a late-bloomer when it comes to technology. ;)

My desktop is a picture of rocks.  Just rocks.  Smooth soothing peaceful rocks.

Olga, that craked me up.

Here's one where you can see my wallpaper.  It may not be work safe.

I forget the photographer's name.

Here's mine.  Boring but true.

post-1-1138131774.jpg

All work and no play make Maddy a dull girl.

heh.  heh.

Maddy.

• 5 months later...

Time for me to show off B) I've got multiple desktops running that I can switch between.

1. is for websurfing mainly

2. gaming

3. communications email, bla bla

4. Music & Video

Really handy, it means I can have a million and one windows open without it cluttering my screen up.

post-191-1152580574.jpg

• 9 months later...

I'm way too lazy to take a screenshot, so here's a link to the picture on mine. My friend takes some fairly interesting pictures sometimes. Heh. I told him I liked that one, and he suggested I put it on my desktop, and, well, here we are now.

I'm way too lazy to take a screenshot, so here's a link to the picture on mine. My friend takes some fairly interesting pictures sometimes. Heh. I told him I liked that one, and he suggested I put it on my desktop, and, well, here we are now.

nyeh. i wasn't lazy.

post-39-1177242376_thumb.jpg

forgot to add - i really like that photo, nalgas.

• 2 weeks later...

ok I tried & I can't figure out how to do it

Neither can I

Tommy

There should be a key on your keyboard marked print screen or some abbreviation of it. Usually you can just hit the key. Sometimes you'll have to hit shift or control with it. This will copy an image to your clipboard.

Then open up Paint (should be under accessories in the Start menu). Under the edit menu choose paste. Save it as a .png (.bmp will be huge).

Alternatively, I use a small program called ScreenShot Pilot. But I take lots of screenshots day to day when I write tutorials for another site or do tech support. So it's easier to have it mapped to F11 and not having to open up Paint.

• 4 weeks later...

Love all the different desktops!

To take full screen shot on a Mac just hold down the Apple key along with shift and the #3 all at same time and quickly release there is your picture!

Makes cool camera sound too!

Mine is just updated, I like to change it with new pics!

wow need to work on this and come back, my size is too large for single download.

I did delete picture of whale tail on my thread to make room, so it is the single upload size, i must work on.

Or to just take picture of portion of screen, which on mac you can do by holding down the apple key, shift key, and 4 key, then dragging to make box of what size you do want in picture.

This does take bit more dexterity w/ the fingers! (well i guess if you don't use mouse, like to be string free and wander about, and just use your pad on laptop like me, anywhoo.)

I felt this size would fit.

I love this pic of whale tail we caught more than other anyway!

Archived