CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
WinterRosie

No goodbyes, just good memories

I'm so sorry everyone. Your tributes are lovely.
Pod remains alive forever in your hearts.  ♡

Just a gentle reminder that we are not using pod's given name on the boards here, as he may have shared it with some of you individually, but it is not universally used among the general board population. Even once someone has died, we want to protect their privacy and anonymity here at CB. We don't know to whom pod was "out" about his MI, and want to respect that unless we know for sure otherwise.

• Like 2

Wow, I have no words. I'm in shock. Pod always greeted me with 'aaaaahhh ahhhhh' whenever I logged into chat. I will definitely miss that, and all the good chats we had about food.

• Like 2

I went into chat yesterday thinking Pod could help me with a recipe. HE wasn't there :( i instantly started crying. HE will be miss os much more then words can tell. Pod was always there to talk to u or even lift u up when u were down. Pod was able to change my screen name for me. Pod showed me how to cook . He took his time out to help who ever and when ever they need it. Pod i will forever be grateful to have met you. I will never forget u 

FLY HIGH POD 

YOU DESERVE IT 

I just wondered if his family and friends knew he used this site, I found a remembrance book online but I do not want to cause them any more problems

44 minutes ago, .id said:

I just wondered if his family and friends knew he used this site, I found a remembrance book online but I do not want to cause them any more problems

We don't know if he's "out" to his family, so we're not going to do it for him. You could leave a simple message saying he was a wonderful person and will be missed, something generic like that. You are right that we don't want to cause them any more heartbreak. Thank you for asking. :)

1 hour ago, heilmania said:

We don't know if he's "out" to his family, so we're not going to do it for him. You could leave a simple message saying he was a wonderful person and will be missed, something generic like that. You are right that we don't want to cause them any more heartbreak. Thank you for asking. :)

I left a message just saying he was very kind and helped a lot of people. Thank you Heil

Just now, .id said:

I left a message just saying he was very kind and helped a lot of people. Thank you Heil

Awesome. I'm sure his family will be happy to hear that. And np!

This is the first death I know of on CB, Could VE make a remembrance area so that Pod will never be forgotten? and the others that follow in time, He should always be remembered

2 hours ago, .id said:

This is the first death I know of on CB, Could VE make a remembrance area so that Pod will never be forgotten? and the others that follow in time, He should always be remembered

This isn't the first that I know of, but that is definitely a good idea.

I'll miss Pod.

pod was always really kind to me in chat, which stands out because many aren't.

he was a fixture the past few years and i'll miss him. i wish i'd reconnected with him again this last time i was on there.

RIP and much love to you, pod. xx -melli

I just found out and I don't even know what to say. pod was a great person from what I knew of him and I miss him dearly. I am so sorry for rushing into chat earlier and then leaving suddenly. I had to break down, I absolutely did not think he wouldn't be here tonight and then I read the board. He was always so gracious and kind. I grieve with you all, my friends.

Edited by Duelist

I really only knew pod from chat but this breaks my heart. Everyone on CB is special to me and knowing one left this world is horrible news. 

I think it's so great that you guys are doing everything possible to make sure his doggies are well taken care of. Thanks for the donation link. 

• Like 2

Hi.  I'm here and reading this.  My own life is overwhelming enough that dealing with things is not high on the list of things I'm particularly good at right now so I'm trying not to focus on it.  

I'd be absolutely OK with setting up small page outside of CB proper for people to share their memories, etc.  I'd rather not have a dedicated space for that on the actual boards.  This isn't the first time we've lost someone, nor will it be the last.  Having permanent memorials for a bunch of people gets morbid fast, particularly given that while we have no reason to think it was the case with 'pod, some were suicides.  

Some people we lose are more popular than others.  A while back I got an email from a family member of a person who died, telling me how much the site had helped them, thanking me.  Once I figured out who the person was, I realized they had maybe a dozen posts and comments combined.  I had no idea who the hell they were.  Neither did anyone else I asked.  We never made a public announcement because what the hell good would that have done?  A community of people struggling with depression don't need a random downer like that.  

We can't have permanent memorials just for popular users who died of natural causes.  It's not fair to the families of everyone else if they realize their loved ones don't have memorials while others do.  

• Like 4

Here is a link to something that I sent Pod (whose trembling Psuedopods ripped off the earth girl's space suit) He thought was pretty funny.   I will miss him and his "Foodapault" which he would bring out on chat when we would all be depressed and the topic would be changed to "food" which always lightened some of the depressing shit we deal with.

http://www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/showpage.php?page=117

If you check this link out just remember what a great sense of humor he had and how he could turn some of those shitty days of depressing talk to laugh out loud visions of various foods being sprayed out of the Foodapault.

Laughter and Crying seem to be closely connected.  But laughing UNTIL you cry (or wet your pants) is the best.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2017 at 6:48 AM, Velvet Elvis said:

Hi.  I'm here and reading this.  My own life is overwhelming enough that dealing with things is not high on the list of things I'm particularly good at right now so I'm trying not to focus on it.  

I'd be absolutely OK with setting up small page outside of CB proper for people to share their memories, etc.  I'd rather not have a dedicated space for that on the actual boards.  This isn't the first time we've lost someone, nor will it be the last.  Having permanent memorials for a bunch of people gets morbid fast, particularly given that while we have no reason to think it was the case with 'pod, some were suicides.  

Some people we lose are more popular than others.  A while back I got an email from a family member of a person who died, telling me how much the site had helped them, thanking me.  Once I figured out who the person was, I realized they had maybe a dozen posts and comments combined.  I had no idea who the hell they were.  Neither did anyone else I asked.  We never made a public announcement because what the hell good would that have done?  A community of people struggling with depression don't need a random downer like that.  

We can't have permanent memorials just for popular users who died of natural causes.  It's not fair to the families of everyone else if they realize their loved ones don't have memorials while others do.  

I can understand your reasons VE, it was just an Idea. I am sure it is not an easy choice

I just logged into Chat and was directed to this page. 

Chef Pod, I am crying at your passing.  I am truly speechless.  You were the kind, intelligent, supportive, Renaissance-man around here.  Your talent, humor, wisdom, and gentle soul will be sorely missed.  Chat will not forget nor take for granted the countless hours we spent with you.

• Like 3