CrazyBoards.org

Sleeping all the time

Anybody get to a point that they don't want to do anything but sleep.  Been like this about a month and it's getting worse, I'd sleep all day if a could. If I am awake I just huddle in a ball  watching reruns of Roseanne while dozing off and on.  Also, just to note there hasn't been any med changes to cause this.  It's times like these mania starts looking real good.  Anyway, has this happen to anyone else?  Is this severe depression or something?  Crashing..........

• Like 1

Yep, it sounds like depression .. do you take vitamin D? It could have a lot with the weather as well. Sometimes I just keep the TV on just to have it on in the background to see if that will keep me up but it doesn't. Mania how I wish you were here. 

• Like 1

Sounds like me lately with my major depressive episode that I've been in for the past 4-5 months or so. Stimulants tend to help me in time like this, with higher doses helping me more, but with my MAOI I can't take very high doses of stimulants. Perhaps you could try asking to have a stimulant added to your regimen?

Sounds like my depression but I've also had low thyroid and low vitamin D and correcting those helped also. Also anxiety can freeze me into inactivity and lying on the bed. Maybe tell your pdoc?  Sometimes I'd go along all fine on a med then it would stop working and I'd be depressed again and need a new dose or med. 

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the great tips and advice, really warms my heart.  The good news, which is keeping me going (hopefully) I got an appt. with my Pdoc tomorrow.  Maybe he can figure this out or check my meds, or maybe he has some trick up his sleeve.  But once again thanks for the feedback.

19 minutes ago, mrjones said:

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the great tips and advice, really warms my heart.  The good news, which is keeping me going (hopefully) I got an appt. with my Pdoc tomorrow.  Maybe he can figure this out or check my meds, or maybe he has some trick up his sleeve.  But once again thanks for the feedback.

I hope your appt goes well tomorrow :)

I'm like this pretty often. My pdoc said most BP spend a lot of time with these symptoms. No energy, motivation, sleep too much. People think BP is bouncing around, up and down all the time but for me it's mostly being like an unhappy sloth.

ive found restarting lamictal has reduced the hours I sleep. At 100mg I went from 20 hours a day to 16. Now at  400 I sleep about 12-13 depending on what time I retire.

Edited by mcjimjam

14 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Did you ask pdoc this?  Or did you ask it and pdoc didn't say anything?

Yes I even ask him probably three or more times about the depression.  In typical Pdoc fashion, no explanation.  I even have my wife go in with me to doublecheck my sanity so to speak.

5 minutes ago, mrjones said:

Yes I even ask him probably three or more times about the depression.  In typical Pdoc fashion, no explanation.  I even have my wife go in with me to doublecheck my sanity so to speak.

Well that really sucks.

How about when you see him next, go to the appt with only one question/topic (about whatever you want to ask/talk about the depression).  So if anything else is asked by pdoc, tell him you need the question/topic (of yours) answered first.  And keep doing that until (hopefully) you get an answer about it.

If someone was treating me like pdoc is treating you, not talking about what you want to (remember you are paying him ... he isn't paying you), this ^^ is what I would do.

4 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Well that really sucks.

How about when you see him next, go to the appt with only one question/topic (about whatever you want to ask/talk about the depression).  So if anything else is asked by pdoc, tell him you need the question/topic (of yours) answered first.  And keep doing that until (hopefully) you get an answer about it.

If someone was treating me like pdoc is treating you, not talking about what you want to (remember you are paying him ... he isn't paying you), this ^^ is wat I would do.

That is an excellent, excellent idea.  The only problem I have is that I'm not the most assertive lately, especially with the way I feel.  For example I've been stewing, and maybe she is right but I got the comment from my sister in law that maybe my Pdoc thinks I'm faking.  On a stigma level is it a possibility that I fooled one Pdoc for 12 years and a therapist for nine years and a couple more of each [sarcasm],oh and roughly 15 stays at psych units, I'm such a mastermind cause I love the stigma[more sarcasm].

11 minutes ago, mrjones said:

That is an excellent, excellent idea.  The only problem I have is that I'm not the most assertive lately, especially with the way I feel.  For example I've been stewing, and maybe she is right but I got the comment from my sister in law that maybe my Pdoc thinks I'm faking.  On a stigma level is it a possibility that I fooled one Pdoc for 12 years and a therapist for nine years and a couple more of each [sarcasm],oh and roughly 15 stays at psych units, I'm such a mastermind cause I love the stigma[more sarcasm].

(in bold) ... Exactly ... like WTH are they thinking?

If pdoc is thinking this (that you are faking) ... Maybe ask him flat out if he thinks you are faking anything?  I mean, even out of nowhere, ask the question because it might catch him off-guard and then see what he says.  And then ask 'Why' if he says 'yes' ... and then what do you 'have to do to convince him that you aren't faking.'  Hopefully he isn't thinking that though.

This type of thing happened to me last year when my pdoc took his anger out on me (from an outside cause).  It is a longer and more complicated story to explain than this but in a nutshell he was saying how he might have mis-diagnosed me for the past 13 years, and that I am not SZA after all ... yeah, like after 13 years, I was making up every fucking thing.  All because he thought I was on too low of a dose of AP ... because he thought it was too low (regardless of how I felt).  I said "what will make this all go away ... go on a higher dose of abilify?"  And he said, "Well, yeah" (with a "DUH" tone and facial expression).  So I had to go on 15 mg all because of what he thought, not how I felt, on the lower dose. 

I swear ... the 4-5 weeks I went through hell with him honestly caused some more PTSD ... it was really bad, and as much as I didn't want to change pdocs, I was actually contemplating it (in the end there were more cons than pros and I am still with him).  He accused me of lying to him, and other stuff ... and after this whole thing was over with, he didn't think he owed me an apology.  Fucker.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent ... I just wanted to explain why I am so assertive now and just flat out ask things and will not talk unless he answers me (from whatever we talk about).  I am not mean about it, but I will get an attitude now if I am treated like shit.

I hope all this works out for you.