CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

Don't you hate when

A doctor or dentist does nothing for you?

I once had a dentist act like my wisdom teeth weren't causing major problems right after I got done with 10 days of antibiotics because they caused an infection.

And months ago I went to the doctor for foot problems, they said try insoles, which I did before to some success, but since my foot got messed up they only make my foot hurt worse.

So I basically live with my left foot getting a weird feeling, becoming tight and painful, and sometimes I make it pop to relieve pressure and it temporarily helps.

And now I have some sort of sore throat and cough going on with mucus coming up and hopefully it doesn't just keep getting worse; man winter sucks.

Don't you hate when dr's won't prescribe you meds anymore because the lab they use for blood testing won't test you anymore because their company is too challenged to bill your insurance correctly? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Don't you hate it when you post from the wrong account?

that shit sucks wait its never happened 

5 hours ago, tyrantblade said:

So I basically live with my left foot getting a weird feeling, becoming tight and painful, and sometimes I make it pop to relieve pressure and it temporarily helps.

Have you gotten a 2nd opinion?

-----

It sucks when this orthopedic surgeon I saw (not the usual one in Boston, was looking closer to home) says the broken wire around my femur/ hip replacement (and is going in separate directions) is "nothing to worry about." (Waiting to see one of my former orthopedic surgeons at MGH to see what is going on).

Don't you hate it when the GDoc you would trust you life to has to send you to some random goon (That the computer selects) who you don't know that turns out to be a moron?

Are embarrassed when you don't recognize the surgeon and think they are one of the nurses?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tyrantblade said:

A doctor or dentist does nothing for you?

I once had a dentist act like my wisdom teeth weren't causing major problems right after I got done with 10 days of antibiotics because they caused an infection.

And months ago I went to the doctor for foot problems, they said try insoles, which I did before to some success, but since my foot got messed up they only make my foot hurt worse.

And now I have some sort of sore throat and cough going on with mucus coming up and hopefully it doesn't just keep getting worse; man winter sucks.

It sounds like three different issues to me.  A) teeth infections can spread to the brain, (so either anibiotics ot pulling of the teeth is the most pragmatic course.)   The foot tingling is neurologcal.  Normally benighn, but worth mentioning.

I hate it when the doctor acts surprised and frustrated that my treatment-resistant depression isn't getting better. That's why they call it, you know, "treatment-resistant." I'm sorry I'm making you have to actually work and go through medication changes. Do you really think I enjoy medication changes? No, I don't. But I refuse to settle for "not actively suicidal." I'm sorry, but that's not good enough. 

I hate it when the very med that is being used to treat your psychotic symptoms (and your depression) also makes you hallucinate, so you don't really know what component of the hallucination is the psychotic symptoms and what component is med-induced and whether it is helping or whether it is hurting?

(I suspect what I am getting right now is a mixture of both, because when I started quetiapine the hallucinations were pretty strong and died down, even with subsequent increases, but not completely... while when the hallucinations got stronger again, they did not increase at the same time as when the quetiapine was increased.)

Dammit, I just wish my pdoc were willing to increase my risperidone past 6 mg rather than increasing my quetiapine, but no, she is not. 

Edited by Closure

27 minutes ago, DopamineSick said:

I hate it when the doctor acts surprised and frustrated that my treatment-resistant depression isn't getting better. That's why they call it, you know, "treatment-resistant." I'm sorry I'm making you have to actually work and go through medication changes. Do you really think I enjoy medication changes? No, I don't. But I refuse to settle for "not actively suicidal." I'm sorry, but that's not good enough. 

Oh man ... :wall:

4 hours ago, Cetkat said:

It sounds like three different issues to me.  A) teeth infections can spread to the brain, (so either anibiotics ot pulling of the teeth is the most pragmatic course.)   The foot tingling is neurologcal.  Normally benighn, but worth mentioning.

Yeah the antibiotics were a temporary thing, if I didn't get my wisdom teeth removed I would of probably kept getting the same infection.

And I wish it was "tingling", it's more like tightness and pain