CrazyBoards.org

Hi all! seems there are many people here who take lutuda. I have bipolar 2 plus anxiety. My anxiety caused my depression to worsen. My pdoc suggested I take Latuda for the bipolar depression part and she said the anxiety should go away too. The first day after I took it, I felt my anxiety worsen in the morning. As soon as I wake up I need to get out of bed or I have a very bad lingering anxiety and I cannot get out of bed for about a hour. I told my pdoc that I cannot get up from bed for hours and its hard to make decisions because of my anxiety I called my pdoc today and she gave me said to keep taking it, but didn't add more than that. I feel like she is disregarding what I'm saying, but don't know what to to do. I see her in 4 weeks. Anyone have morning anxiety and lingering anxiety that went away after a week of taking latuda? I been on it for 4 days now.

I haven't taken Latuda but on another AP I had this intense restlessness after taking it. A lot like a kind of anxiety, I guess. Akathisia is the technical name I believe. Might be what's happening to you? If it's very bothersome, as it was for me, press the point with your pdoc and try to explain it in more detail. I don't know if it is a side effect that goes away with time. I stopped taking the Saphris because I couldn't deal with it.

• 11 months later...

I am on my third month of Latuda.  The first several weeks after starting this med, I felt restless, anxious, and had difficulty sleeping due to the restlessness and anxiety.  She prescribed Klonopin to help, and by the end of the first month the restlessness and anxious feeling had subsided.  I feel great on Latuda now.  I still take Klonopin as needed for anxiety, but honestly, I don't need it very often.