CrazyBoards.org

Today started off well enough with me relaxing and watching a documentary. Everything was just peachy until I got to work. The most minute things my manager did made me feel absolutely furious! I had to try keeping my mouth shut in order to keep myself from going off at her. She didn't even do anything major, she just wasn't grabbing the register and left it to the rest of us to do... and also wouldn't help us with making smoothies unless we asked her to... and a few other things-- okay, so she freaking sucks as a manager, that makes sense. But the degree of my anger was absolutely uncalled for. I found myself wanting to scream at her, burst into tears in the middle of my shift (even though I wasn't even that stressed), floor the gas pedal on the way home, and be pretty destructive overall. I did none of these things, thank god, but the feeling was still there.

I heard people with bipolar disorder can be irritable, angry and aggressive sometimes as a symptom. Is this true?? This irritation and anger feels like it came out of nowhere. D:

I know that's a symptom I experience regularly. I'm so physically tense and worked up for seemingly no reason and I just completely snap at my family a lot. I'm so awful and am just really, really short with my family and god with my friends, it seems like I have better control (probably because I know they have less obligation to keep my crazy ass), but I find myself absolutely melting down in my head at such mild issues a lot.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jacques said:

I know that's a symptom I experience regularly. I'm so physically tense and worked up for seemingly no reason and I just completely snap at my family a lot. I'm so awful and am just really, really short with my family and god with my friends, it seems like I have better control (probably because I know they have less obligation to keep my crazy ass), but I find myself absolutely melting down in my head at such mild issues a lot.

I feel this response a lot too tbh. This is why if I asked my family if they thought I was bipolar, they'd just tell me I was making it up; because I have to hide what's wrong with me or else I'd get yelled at or thrown out.

• 1 month later...

When I'm a bit manic side of mood, I get very irritated and feel totally justified. I feel like speaking up is just sticking up for myself. But I have usually managed to keep it under control. Things seem to need to be addressed because they are so greviously wrong, but really it's just everyday stuff. I'm lucky I didn't get fired when I did speak up. 

Yes I definitely get angry when I am manic. I am easily irritated and think I am always right and believe I am perfectly justified to be angry with people. I often jump to wrong conclusions and it is only when my mood is stable do I realise what an ass I've been......

Absolutely!!! I get dysphoric mania and every little thing pisses me off to no end. It is certainly a bipolar symptom that needs to be controlled. Talk to your Pdoc about it. I almost assaulted someone at work before because I was so frustrated. Luckily I was able to hold back somehow.

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Gearhead said:

Bimbo Bear, do you have a sense of where you are in a current mood cycle? Have you been hypo, or depressed, or are/ were you pretty stable?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but when I get irritable, I can be either depressed or hypomanic.

It just kinda seems like you were a little pissed off. Everyone on this planet wants to scream at their boss. I'm not a doctor or anything, but it seems like it was not bipolar related and you were just having a bad day. I remember last year I had a manic episode, over the course of a week I called up a co-worker and told him I was gonna axe murder him like "here is johnny". Got out of my car and screamed a bicyclist, he quickly sped off, chased after him for a bit. all whist not being able to sleep because because murdering my step dad kept looping over and over again.....