CrazyBoards.org

Today started off well enough with me relaxing and watching a documentary. Everything was just peachy until I got to work. The most minute things my manager did made me feel absolutely furious! I had to try keeping my mouth shut in order to keep myself from going off at her. She didn't even do anything major, she just wasn't grabbing the register and left it to the rest of us to do... and also wouldn't help us with making smoothies unless we asked her to... and a few other things-- okay, so she freaking sucks as a manager, that makes sense. But the degree of my anger was absolutely uncalled for. I found myself wanting to scream at her, burst into tears in the middle of my shift (even though I wasn't even that stressed), floor the gas pedal on the way home, and be pretty destructive overall. I did none of these things, thank god, but the feeling was still there.

I heard people with bipolar disorder can be irritable, angry and aggressive sometimes as a symptom. Is this true?? This irritation and anger feels like it came out of nowhere. D:

I know that's a symptom I experience regularly. I'm so physically tense and worked up for seemingly no reason and I just completely snap at my family a lot. I'm so awful and am just really, really short with my family and god with my friends, it seems like I have better control (probably because I know they have less obligation to keep my crazy ass), but I find myself absolutely melting down in my head at such mild issues a lot.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jacques said:

I know that's a symptom I experience regularly. I'm so physically tense and worked up for seemingly no reason and I just completely snap at my family a lot. I'm so awful and am just really, really short with my family and god with my friends, it seems like I have better control (probably because I know they have less obligation to keep my crazy ass), but I find myself absolutely melting down in my head at such mild issues a lot.

I feel this response a lot too tbh. This is why if I asked my family if they thought I was bipolar, they'd just tell me I was making it up; because I have to hide what's wrong with me or else I'd get yelled at or thrown out.

When I'm a bit manic side of mood, I get very irritated and feel totally justified. I feel like speaking up is just sticking up for myself. But I have usually managed to keep it under control. Things seem to need to be addressed because they are so greviously wrong, but really it's just everyday stuff. I'm lucky I didn't get fired when I did speak up. 

Yes I definitely get angry when I am manic. I am easily irritated and think I am always right and believe I am perfectly justified to be angry with people. I often jump to wrong conclusions and it is only when my mood is stable do I realise what an ass I've been......

Absolutely!!! I get dysphoric mania and every little thing pisses me off to no end. It is certainly a bipolar symptom that needs to be controlled. Talk to your Pdoc about it. I almost assaulted someone at work before because I was so frustrated. Luckily I was able to hold back somehow.

Bimbo Bear, do you have a sense of where you are in a current mood cycle? Have you been hypo, or depressed, or are/ were you pretty stable?

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Gearhead said:

Bimbo Bear, do you have a sense of where you are in a current mood cycle? Have you been hypo, or depressed, or are/ were you pretty stable?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but when I get irritable, I can be either depressed or hypomanic.

It just kinda seems like you were a little pissed off. Everyone on this planet wants to scream at their boss. I'm not a doctor or anything, but it seems like it was not bipolar related and you were just having a bad day. I remember last year I had a manic episode, over the course of a week I called up a co-worker and told him I was gonna axe murder him like "here is johnny". Got out of my car and screamed a bicyclist, he quickly sped off, chased after him for a bit. all whist not being able to sleep because because murdering my step dad kept looping over and over again.....  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By braindeadbedhead
      This is a long shot, but I figure I can't be the only one who has ever had this thought. Is there a way to induce a state that includes the productivity/happiness of mania - without all the extra bullshit? 😅
      Mania is better than any drug, the euphoria is incomparable. Every time I skip a few days of sleep, feel an increase in energy, or anything that might be the beginning of an episode, I think - ''Please let this be the onset of the best feeling in the world. I can't do this shit anymore''. I feel so guilty admitting to that, because I know that being manic and being functional are generally not compatible. I also don't ever want to end up in hospital again, because that never fails to be a de-humanizing experience.
      I have not had any symptoms of mania since my last hospital admission, three whole years ago. It was the first and only manic episode that I've ever had, and it lasted for about three months. I feel like I could have avoided hospital completely if I had experienced mania without the accompanying psychosis. If I could just achieve that level of elation without:
      rapid speech word-salad delusional beliefs dangerously impulsive acts (e.g. jumping out of a car on the highway because the sky looked beautiful and I wanted a loser look) I look back on those ugly symptoms and I could never cope with them now. I go to college full-time, I work, and I have so much to lose if I lost the ability to communicate with others and behave safely. On the other hand - my life just feels so damn gray and stagnant; I miss feeling invincible. 
    • By csr
      For the last 20 years i am taking, 800mg Lithium, 200mg Quitipine, 150mg Serlift, 150mg of Bioprion, 0.75 of Alprozolam.  I am now 54 years. Life is going on by God Grace. 

Physiological Problems Either 
      Mental Illness   2. Behaviour 
      In Behaviour  special children  in public places Masterbating, or touching the Genetical Parts or Touching Chin....... 

For me, from the age of 28 years to till now, I did not go to the above extreme, but 
      Whenever I go outside I used to see Ladies private parts, then my mind change to normal. I was working many firms for the  lost 30 years. 

Now I am facing shame is , my daughter 22 years. When we go outside me, wife and daughter, I did the same thing and my daughter noticed also. Still many responsibility for me, like my daughter marriage, then there is  a  functions etc. 

So I want your advise. I need to have Therapy or Physiatrist Doctor. Can you pls advise. 

I have been on Sertaline 100mg for the last 20 years and for the last 5 years Buprion 150mg XL (to reduce the smoking, i reduced to 4 per day). As i said above an example, i find very hypersexuality and i find one article today. Here i enclosed here.
        My question: how to replace Sertaline 100mg and will stop Buproin 150mg completely. Can anyone give suggestion Pls.

• By thebakerbunny
      Hi, all. I feel like a newb oldie: been on here a while, still feel dumb as shit with all the o chem breakdowns and acronyms.
      Anyway- I've been maxed out on effexor xr for years now. I've taken it pretty consistently for...12 years? with a few breaks to try something new. There aren't many details I can remember well (always had a bad memory, now it's basically a vestigial feature), but here's what I've garnered: 
      *SSRIs and i seem to not mix. Not just some side effects, but all the side effects, and no or negative improvement.
      *wellbutrin did nothing for me. Not good, not bad- just nothing. 
      *Effexor was good- great, even- before I tapped out. I've just been staying with it till I can figure something out.
      *currently, I take 225 mg Effexor (and several doctors have told me now that they flat out won't go above that), 150 lamictal, and klonopin and Ambien as needed. (And as I've been mightily depressed lately...I've been "as needing" them a lot more.)

I've been wanting to change for a while now, and I've been studying up to see what might be some better options, but haven't had a tdoc or pdoc in the meantime. I'm meeting new ones shortly and I want to take some suggestions to them. Problem is that I'm allergic to a few things, with varying degrees of severity and type of allergic reactions. Any suggestions of SNRIs, TCAs, or MAOIs that aren't: 
      *sulfa-meds (full body hives. Like...full body- between my toes, in my buttcrack...😬)
      *compazine (difficult breathing, light anaphylaxis.)
      *darvocet, Vicodin (full-blown anaphylaxis.)

I have been given morphine with no reaction (so, what- does this mean that synethics cause issues, but cleaner natural versions don't?), and take imitrex regularly. I'm not smart enough to understand all of the individual components, and too ADD to have the patience to learn which causes what.
      I feel like it's got be something pretty potent, since I've been middling- to severely-depressed pretty constantly (easily 8 out those 12 years), but I also don't need anything that's going to make me lethargic. Apathetic, fine- just please, no serious drowsiness.  
      I defer to you guys and gals and pals for what your thoughts are on what might be most effective, but also won't send me to the ER.

• By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.
    • By MisterMelancholy
      I got in a massive fight with some well liked people at school last friday and everyone saw it so everyone hates me now and I was suspended for today. I don't know if I ever wanna go back since everyone hates me now. Everyone keep insisting to but it's a death sentence. Everyone will pester me for the rest of my life and I'll eventually get into another fight. What do I do? Do I go to school? How can I control my massive anger and impulsivity?
      It feels like Mel Gibson has become my spirit animal.
      There's a video on Youtube where he yells at this chick on the phone and it's very relatable. It's exactly how I act when I get mad.