CrazyBoards.org

I don't know where to put this but I belong here.

Lately I have been rocking back and forth, side to side, sometimes just my head. I am in bed trying to sleep.  It works.

But I feel weird about it. It makes me feel crazy.

Anybody else do this.    

FYI  this is Dragonfly23.    My other account is messed up.  

Yeah, I did it a little bit every now and then. I think it was a reaction to anxiety and worries. It's funny beside it can make a person is "crazy" in certain situations and then there's other times where it's totally acceptable and it's treated like the wind with people. A popular one I have is rocking back and forth in a chair at a computer. Ones have have the pivotal movement. That's quite pleasant and socially acceptable.

• Like 2

I do that, not always, and less that I used to, but whether to fall asleep or when really anxious (and alone), I just find it comforting. I think it would "look" weird so I control it around people, but otherwise, it is rather harmless?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aura said:

I do this too. Particularly in class, cos it helps me concentrate. Good thing I'm a grad student in anthropology; idiosyncrasies are well tolerated. :)

That explains my coworker! She's an anthropologist. :P 

I'm bouncing my legs as I type. If I'm sitting with my legs crossed, then I rock. In bed, I thrash (see video below lol). When I'm standing in one place I rock side to side. Or I just pace around. In meetings, I always sit in the chair with wheels and just twist around in the chair. I can't be still. I find doing these things very soothing.

When my ex and I saw this episode we realized that I am Tina Belcher. :P

Edited by iaawal
  • Like 4

I bought an actual rocking chair last week for my house. Sooooo gooooood. And I've decided it counts as low-level exercise too. If you rock vigorously for an hour or two while watching Netflix you do feel a noticeable mild endorphin buzz, like yoga.

Rocking chairs for all - on prescription!

• Like 1

I think it's normal to rock back and forward when really freaked out and worried, pacing too. like... not just for MI but non MI do this sometimes I've noticed.

i had untreated awful pain for a year and by the end I was so stressed I would pace around and talk to myself a lot. Pdoc said it was just from the stress of that physical problem, not MI. 

If we do something weird to calm ourselves, no need to feel bad, if it helps you and doesn't hurt.