CrazyBoards.org

doctor won't diagnose me yet I'm on certain meds :/

antidepressants make me hypomanic for a month or so and then I'm back to being depressed.. quetiapine 25mg before bed seemed to make me better but still angry so am on that and lamotrigine now and feeling good. if I'm not bipolar would these be working ?

quetiapine 25mg does not have any real activity other than to make you sleepy and the sedation helps with anxiety. It is often used as a sleeping aid. So that leaves lamotrigine, which particularly in bipolar is an often effective antidepressant. 

Doctors treat symptoms not diagnoses. Treating symptoms is much easier than making a diagnosis. So they gather your symptoms and use the appropriate drugs to treat them. You will eventually get a diagnosis I believe but before they can give one they need to relieve your pain and suffering asap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustGotOut said:

Doctors treat symptoms not diagnoses. Treating symptoms is much easier than making a diagnosis. So they gather your symptoms and use the appropriate drugs to treat them. You will eventually get a diagnosis I believe but before they can give one they need to relieve your pain and suffering asap.

I agree :)

1 hour ago, notloki said:

quetiapine 25mg does not have any real activity other than to make you sleepy and the sedation helps with anxiety. It is often used as a sleeping aid. So that leaves lamotrigine, which particularly in bipolar is an often effective antidepressant. 

it gives me a good night's sleep, I have realised that I'm still on a high.. I just hope I don't crash :) thanks for the info :)