CrazyBoards.org

Didn't go to church and he was pissed off!

madmax15

I started to go to this new church and have been there for a few months. I made friends with this guy and one time said I'll see him next service on Sunday. Anyway on that next Sunday there was a thunderstorm so I didn't go.

Next time I saw him he was REALLY upset that I didn't turn up to church. I explained why I didn't go and he said he could of given me a lift.

I just don't understand what was the big deal that I didn't turn up to church that day - it's not like I had a job there and he was relying on me to do something?

DId you both exchange info when you saw each other ... for example, did you have his phone number or email address (and him have yours) or something so you could call or email and ask why he was upset that you weren't able to come to church that next week because of the thunderstorms?  Did he give you any reasoning for it, or did he just get angry about it all?

Did he have your address?  If not, how could he have given you a lift if he didn't know your address (or phone or email so you could call to ask for a ride)?  There would be no way to ask him without any of those things. 

10 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

DId you both exchange info when you saw each other ... for example, did you have his phone number or email address (and him have yours) or something so you could call or email and ask why he was upset that you weren't able to come to church that next week because of the thunderstorms?  Did he give you any reasoning for it, or did he just get angry about it all?

Did he have your address?  If not, how could he have given you a lift if he didn't know your address (or phone or email so you could call to ask for a ride)?  There would be no way to ask him without any of those things. 

We both have each others mobile numbers.

Sorry I left out that I'm walking distance to the church and yes he knows where I live.

I don't know if I was the asshole for not turning up when I said I would?!

I do not think you are the asshole in all of this. 

Why would someone get so angry about another person because they couldn't get to church the next Sunday?  I mean unless you both had arranged to do something after church that he was counting on, I do not see the reason for the anger.  Maybe mild disappointment, but anger?  I mean shit happens.

Let's try asking from the other direction.

29 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

I don't know if I was the asshole for not turning up when I said I would?!

If someone did this to you - left you waiting because they said they would show up, and they didn't show up - how would you feel about it? Would you think that they were an asshole?