CrazyBoards.org

Anyone else here try this?  If so, I would love to hear your experiences.  My pdoc bumped my dose up from 300mg to 900mg today.  It's only been 2 days since I last quit heavy use and the insomnia, irritability, and depression are already ramping up :/  But I have my fingers crossed that the gaba will smooth things out enough that I won't lose my shit like I usually do when I quit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Inspired said:

Did the gabby help? I'm currently on day 4 or 5 of withdrawal from an ssri I took in belief it was a benzo. Anywho I really can't take this horrible pain anymore and I'd really like an answer as to how to feel better. 

No.  Nothing helps.  Still relapsing over and over.  DBT doesn't help.  Gabapentin didn't help me quit mj, and naltrexone failed to curb my drinking.  I'm just an all-around big fat failure I guess.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 4:50 PM, philosophin said:

No.  Nothing helps.  Still relapsing over and over.  DBT doesn't help.  Gabapentin didn't help me quit mj, and naltrexone failed to curb my drinking.  I'm just an all-around big fat failure I guess.

First, no you are not a failure. I relapsed SEVERAL times before becoming sober this (and hopefully my last time). It is all part of the journey, but saying your a failure just aint true. The fact you have stopped this time is a great success, be proud and resign yourself to continue working on sobriety. Also what specifically are you thinking the gabapentin will help with? In my experience it only helped with withdrawals from opiates which caused RLS. Other than I don't think gabapentin really does anything.