CrazyBoards.org

Brintellix/Trintellix side effects

Hello! I've been on Trintellix for 10 weeks now.  Started at 5mg for 1 week, then 10mg for 4 weeks.  Bumped up to 20mg for 2 weeks but the headaches were so bad that I went back down to 10mg since then. As per PDOC -  Wanting to increase dosage back to 20mg and then slowly to 30mg in hopes of getting anxiety under control. Do the headaches ever go away? If I know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel I think I can knuckle through the rough part. Headaches (migraine quality) are my only side effect. No nausea. 

Headaches might get less bad with time, but if two weeks didn't produce much of a change in their intensity, I'm not that hopeful about a longer period helping.

20mg is the maximum dose for vortioxetine. Vortioxetine is not the best drug for treating anxiety in the first place, so I'm not sure why anxiety reduction would be your motivation for increasing dosage.

Thanks for the reply JustNuts.  As I mentioned in my post 'as per pdoc' to increase dosage to control anxiety.  According to him, increasing the dosage to 30mg has had positive results in treating anxiety. I understand that Trintellix isn't the 'go to' drug to treat anxiety, but I've had it with weight gain and sexual side effects from SSRI's and SNRI's. So far on Trintellix I've lost 20 of the 50lbs I gained on Pristiq so I don't want to throw in the towel if there's hope that it can treat anxiety and that the headaches will go away. 

20 hours ago, kelsgels said:

Thanks for the reply JustNuts.  As I mentioned in my post 'as per pdoc' to increase dosage to control anxiety.  According to him, increasing the dosage to 30mg has had positive results in treating anxiety. I understand that Trintellix isn't the 'go to' drug to treat anxiety, but I've had it with weight gain and sexual side effects from SSRI's and SNRI's. So far on Trintellix I've lost 20 of the 50lbs I gained on Pristiq so I don't want to throw in the towel if there's hope that it can treat anxiety and that the headaches will go away. 

It's not that it's not the "go to" drug, it's because it kept on failing clinical trials for GAD and had relatively unimpressive results even in the few successful trials. Also, it was generally tested at doses of 5-10mg for GAD, while as I said 20mg is the maximum dose and 30mg is thus a supratherapeutic dose. You can keep trying if you want to, but it's relatively unlikely to help significantly with your anxiety. Are you taking it solely for anxiety, or for depression too?

I'm taking it for depression. With Pristiq I was lucky that it treated anxiety as well as depression.  I know I could just go back to Pristiq as it managed my symptoms quite well, it's just the weight gain that goes with it that makes me want to give Trintellix a chance.  

Thanks for your help :)