CrazyBoards.org

Hi,

I have sever social anxiety, depression and very likely ADHD (I'll get assessed for it soon hopefully). My GP prescribed me Citalopram 10mg, I'm starting taking it tomorrow but I was just curios because from reading around I understand it can make depression and anxiety worse at start. I was wondering if anyone had experiences with this drug and how was it?

I take citalopram, and it helps me a lot with anxiety. Yes, at first there is the potential paradoxical effect of it worsening anxiety, but after a couple of weeks that improves markedly. The only thing is that 10 mg is generally considered a sub-therapeutic dose so I'm hoping that is just a starting dose for you. The generally accepted dose for citalopram is 20 mg.

I am moving this thread to the antidepressant board.

I didn't look to see if there was an antidepressant board. Yeah I'm just starting and my first day felt good. My anxiety is calmer, and it's only my first day on a low dose so it will get even  better. Hopefully I don't get any physical side effects. 

A little known fact about myself that I don't usually share is that citalopram pretty much worked for me from day 1. I don't share that because it doesn't work that way for everyone and people need to give it time to work. It can take up to six weeks to feel the full benefit. But yeah, feeling better already is a good sign.