CrazyBoards.org

I can't claim having much stability.  However I have had a pretty good run. Almost 4 months.  Dealing with lots of things.  Big issues, small issues.  Work stress, home stress......big home stress between myself and my husband.  We no longer sleep together,  mostly because of my actions. 

I have been dealing with it pretty well.  It's been hard though. I have been doing better taking care of myself. Sleeping, eating, exercising. 

But........I seem to be losing my shit recently.  Touch of psychosis.  (If you can have a touch) it was short lived and then I rolled right into depression.  I have lots of mixed days. I am feeling more fragile and crying more.  I want to disappear. 

Why the sudden change? It's sort of a dumb question. It's part of the nature of BP.  I have worked hard to identify triggers. 

My question is have you been able to isolate what triggers a mood episode?  Depression or mania or psychosis? What are those triggers? 

Maybe I am missing something.  Maybe I am asking a question that can never be answered. Worth a try. I am hoping I missed something. 

Stress is a huge trigger of psychotic type episodes for me... I get so overwhelmed and to a point where I just..... snap. Have you been holding a lot in? Frustration also...  anything where my mind/body gets overloaded and I have to step away from myself (dissociate) because it's just too much. Huge huge triggers for me.

Do you feel like you're having a mixed episode? They generally leave me all over the place and more irritatable, crying more... (more so than depressive ones actually), etc.

Do you have other psych diagnoses that could be contributing to the sudden change? If so do you see triggers more specific to those conditions? They can get kind of tangled sometimes.

Hope you feel more like yourself soon, dragonfly.

Edited by her-escape
  • Like 1

Stress and lack of sleep for me.  With those things happening, things are blown out of proportion, and therefore I react more than I usually would have, had I not been sleep-deprived and stressed.  Without stress and sleep, I also hallucinate more.

3 hours ago, dragonfly23 said:

Why the sudden change? It's sort of a dumb question.

Not a dumb question ...

Sometimes moods just change when they feel like it ... which is out of your control.  It just happens.  There could be other reasons for the sudden change, ie going off of meds, high stress level, lack of sleep, etc. ... whatever else your triggers are.  Those kinds of things can change your mood.

3 hours ago, dragonfly23 said:

My question is have you been able to isolate what triggers a mood episode?  Depression or mania or psychosis? What are those triggers? 

No, I can't isolate what triggers an episode for me (meaning any episode).  If I could I'd be in a much better place.  Sometimes it can take a mixture of triggers that start an episode for me.  Sometimes one thing.  I think it varies between people what their trigger/s are that they experience that leads to an episode.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, her-escape said:

Stress is a huge trigger of psychotic type episodes for me... I get so overwhelmed and to a point where I just..... snap. Have you been holding a lot in? Frustration also...  anything where my mind/body gets overloaded and I have to step away from myself (dissociate) because it's just too much. Huge huge triggers for me.

Do you feel like you're having a mixed episode? They generally leave me all over the place and more irritatable, crying more... (more so than depressive ones actually), etc.

Do you have other psych diagnoses that could be contributing to the sudden change? If so do you see triggers more specific to those conditions? They can get kind of tangled sometimes.

Hope you feel more like yourself soon, dragonfly.

Yes I have been holding a lot in.  December was really hard on many levels.  I used to dissociate.  Often actually.  I don't anymore.  Maybe meds? I may be mixed, but seem depressed ATM.  Who knows, I typically cycle pretty quick.

i have a long list of triggers my Tdoc had me do. I should go and look at it.

An abrupt change in brain chemistry (sex, diet, drugs, etc.) disrupts functional stress, anxiety, emotional, and cognitive, control mechanisms; provokeing factors that may contribute to an episode or episodes.

The factors, and quantity of factors I provoke seem to determine the type and intensity of my episodes.

Staying hydrated helps a lot!

All the best Dragonfly.

-Toas 

Edited by Toas
  • Like 1

Stress, mostly. Like I had this massive fight with a friend and it triggered a manic episode early (I usually fall into an episode a couple weeks later than I did, and it's been a noticeable pattern for years) and I'm just coming down.

Sleep disturbance for me also seems to aggravate things, and causes rapid cycling. And that's what I noticed.

• Like 1