CrazyBoards.org

Strangers suck!

madmax15

7 hours ago, madmax15 said:

I keep getting strangers at bus stops especially trying to talk to me and it freaks me out because I don't even know them and they don't even know me. Is this something to be worried about?!

No....unless the stranger is behaving bizarrely, or is an aggressive panhandler. I sometimes appreciate a stranger chatting with me (if in a social mood) and sometimes I really don't!

I find if I'm feeling particularly anxious or irritable, I'll put on headphones or look intently at my phone (like I'm super occupied) so others nearby do not bother me.

No, I don't think it is anything to worry about.  If is the same exact person always talking (or trying to talk) to you, I'd go and ask if there was a problem ... because (they've) been trying to talk to you every time you are there.  If it is different people every time, they might just be in the mood to talk to kill time before the bus comes.

I agree with the headphones if you don't want people talking to you.  Also maybe wear sunglasses (if in the summer) and/or maybe a baseball cap. 

Or just stand further away from all the other people. 

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

No, I don't think it is anything to worry about.  If is the same exact person always talking (or trying to talk) to you, I'd go and ask if there was a problem ... because (they've) been trying to talk to you every time you are there. 

You just said it's nothing to be worried about then you say to ask them if there's a problem?

Edited by madmax15
mistake

15 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

You just said it's nothing to be worried about then you say to ask them if there's a problem?

I think you mis-read/misinterpreted what I wrote ... I said:

15 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Then I wrote:

16 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

If is the same exact person always talking (or trying to talk) to you, I'd go and ask if there was a problem

... IF there was a problem.  I'm NOT saying there is anything wrong ... I was saying how if someone was talking to you over and over again, I would ask the person if there was a problem because the person keeps looking/talking to you.  Kind of like, "What's your problem?" "Why do you keep looking at me/talking to me."

Does that make sense?

17 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

I think you mis-read/misinterpreted what I wrote ... I said:

Then I wrote:

... IF there was a problem.  I'm NOT saying there is anything wrong ... I was saying how if someone was talking to you over and over again, I would ask the person if there was a problem because the person keeps looking/talking to you.  Kind of like, "What's your problem?" "Why do you keep looking at me/talking to me."

Does that make sense?

No because that's insane...

Yes, it is called small talk, making conversation. If you ignore them they will acknowledge you don't want to talk. Maybe, bring a book for while you wait if it bothers you. But, you might enjoy talking and meeting new people.

• MiaB locked this topic