CrazyBoards.org

Static/Tinnitus/Ringing in ears - Any suggestions???

I've had intermittent Tinnitus for years - it ranges from mild constant static/white noise in background, to high pitched ringing. Of course, I notice it more when I go to sleep or when it's really silent around.

The thing is, it comes & goes. For a few days, I notice it - then for a week or so it seems to be gone. Anyone experience this?

I have not changed meds or eating habits. I've taken the same vitamins/supplements for YEARS (Multivitamin and Fish Oils)...I stopped going to loud concerts over 10 years ago, I don't listen to loud music on headphones and do not even talk on the phone really anymore.

Does anyone have any advice how to get rid of this problem (vitamins, supplements, etc) I don't know what else to do!!!

I don't have this, but my mother has tinnitus ... when she has it, there are exercises you can do that apparently really help.

Here is one example:  (at 1:38 it starts the technique) ...

I know there are others that my mother uses but for the life of me I can't find them.  I'll have to ask her.  Hope this can help in some way.

My missus has tinnitus in her right ear. The only thing she's been able to find to stop it is muaic on headphones or white noise (she experiences a throbbing sound). She has a pair of sleep headphones that are like a headband that cover your eyes as well. She finds it really beneficial to get to sleep with.

I think I read somewhere not too long ago that you can get white noise machines that look like hearing aids. After a while of using them they stop your brain from doing it or something. I've have tinnitus all my life, it's a very high pitch ringing. It might be something I bring up with my GP at some point, along with this thing that happens every now and then where I hear my breathing in my right ear. That I find is more annoying.

I also have tinnitus, being a constant high pitched ringing that only becomes deafening/unignorable when I stand up too fast or get a blood/head rush. Otherwise it's ignorable.

Unfortunately have not found anything helpful for general tinnitus, and mine has no definable cause.