CrazyBoards.org

52 minutes ago, heilmania said:

Zoey, idk (and don't really care) about other mods not answering the first message, but know that if you really need someone, I will always answer (I might be a butthead, but I won't ignore you.). I think some of the lack of communication toward you happened when we were discussing what to do amongst ourselves. That's what my assumption is, anyway (but hey, when one assumes, they just "make an ass our of u and me", lol).

Anyway, patience is a virtue. Remember that there aren't many of us mods, and we are all as crazy as everyone else here, so we have our own real-deal shit to deal with in addition to modding.

To be honest, the impression it seems many have gotten over time is of the mods being unresponsive, especially after pseudopod's death, such that as much as the mods have said they don't want people "taking matters into their own hands", issues have built up until the bursting point as much of the time no one seemed to be there to handle them for them before things got to that point.

Edited by Closure
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Closure said:

To be honest, the impression it seems many have gotten over time is of the mods being unresponsive, such that as much as the mods have said they don't want people "taking matters into their own hands", issues have built up until the bursting point as much of the time no one seemed to be there to handle them for them before things got to that point.

I really appreciate your being honest about this, and I totally see where you're coming from. I think a lot of times, someone PMs one or two mods without putting in an actual report- we'll ALL see a report, discuss it amongst ourselves, and come up with an answer to the problem. When someone addresses an issue by PMing one (or even two) mods, we have to wait for that mod to come to CB (which may take hours or days), at which point they can either deal with it themselves or report the message for us to see, stringing out the entire process and putting pressure on one person to solve a problem when we (imo) need to work as a team to be more effective and fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heilmania said:

Zoey, idk (and don't really care) about other mods not answering the first message, but know that if you really need someone, I will always answer (I might be a butthead, but I won't ignore you.). I think some of the lack of communication toward you happened when we were discussing what to do amongst ourselves. That's what my assumption is, anyway (but hey, when one assumes, they just "make an ass our of u and me", lol).

Anyway, patience is a virtue. Remember that there aren't many of us mods, and we are all as crazy as everyone else here, so we have our own real-deal shit to deal with in addition to modding. 

Good advice, VE. I didn't realize that.

Sorry, I should have said I'm cool with you because you were the only mod I've dealt with recently that actually replied (quickly) to a PM and didn't require other members going after you to get you to reply. They had been active on the boards for days but ignored my message. Not cool. 

One approach would be be to recruit more moderators, so we can have one in chat most of the time, and then bring back chat, so we do not have to rely on random chat rooms we have set up in different corners of the net. Also, you could maybe fundraise specifically to cover the costs of the new chat software too.

What is true is that after pod died, he left a definite vacuum behind. Every so often we would see a mod or admin in chat, but most of the time it was no one. Pod definitely did a good job as a chat moderator, and no one really replaced him.

I want to say how much I appreciate this place and if it didn't exist, I may not be here. I was at the lowest point in my life when I googled, "I am crazy" and this website popped up.

While I have spent the majority of my time here, in chat, I do read and post on forums. I have been talked out of crisis and offered support. Call me crazy, but I LIKE THE MODS.  Besides VE, who gets paid to do the work they do here??? Would you put up with some of the shit these people have?? I know I could never be a moderator. I would be eaten alive. Do I agree with everything that happens? No, why would anyone, but I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into making this place exist for those of us hanging by our very last thread.

Thank you all and I hope chat will resume at some point.

PS

My paltry donations will continue, with or without chat

• Like 5

It will take about six months for us to get a new chat program (if that's the right techy word- software?) up and running, as VE mentioned. 

@Closure, I had the same thought, but I'm afraid it will detract from the twice/year fundraising campaigns. If someone wants to be a hero and start fundraising/donating through VE's PayPal button, more power to you imo, but remember that the twice-yearly fundraising is what keeps this place running, and many of us are broke or on fixed incomes. 

2 minutes ago, tired tammy said:

I want to say how much I appreciate this place and if it didn't exist, I may not be here. I was at the lowest point in my life when I googled, "I am crazy" and this website popped up.

While I have spent the majority of my time here, in chat, I do read and post on forums. I have been talked out of crisis and offered support. Call me crazy, but I LIKE THE MODS.  Besides VE, who gets paid to do the work they do here??? Would you put up with some of the shit these people have?? I know I could never be a moderator. I would be eaten alive. Do I agree with everything that happens? No, why would anyone, but I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into making this place exist for those of us hanging by our very last thread.

Thank you all and I hope chat will resume at some point.

PS

My paltry donations will continue, with or without chat

You're an angel. Thank you for understanding that the mods are VOLUNTEERS, and there's really nothing in it for us to keep the place running and safe other than our benefiting from the MI help we get here like everyone else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, helenllama said:

Thanks you very much @San for all the work you did in the chat room.  And also to all the moderating team. 

Disappointed that chat is not around.  Was really helpful at times.  And when it worked it was good for everyone. But I suppose there are always going to be some people's antics who will mean that everyone loses out. 

Thank you for acknowledging the work I did, its appreciated. :) I love hearing about your whekers. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zoey said:

theonlydecentchatmoddied.rip

Not funny. Not cute. The mods are fucking grieving, too, not just the people who participated in chat. 

We're doing our best. If that's not good enough for you, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RepentantSpatula said:

I kinda feel like my tent city has just been bulldozed and we're scrambling to find a new underpass, but I get it and I think a lot of us knew it was coming. 

Chat's helped me immensely over the years and I'm sad for the reputation that overshadows it, even when it's sometimes deserved.

I know we gave our mods and admins a workout, so thanks to them and to VE for hosting us for so long. I hope that you will still come and chat with us as users in our current base and to any future bases we may find ourselves in.

Thanks especially to San who went above and beyond with daily chat moderation. Don't be a stranger. <3 :) 

Thank you. I would definitely miss sooo many of you if you were to leave. You've been a great friend and I wore the mitts you sent me for our swap, today, coz it was cold. :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, San said:

Thank you for acknowledging the work I did, its appreciated. :) I love hearing about your whekers. 

I LOVE SAN !!! ADOPT ME!!! XOXOXOXOX

• Like 1

Just now, tired tammy said:

I LOVE SAN !!! ADOPT ME!!! XOXOXOXOX

Awww. :) I would if I could!

• Like 1

Just now, San said:

Awww. :) I would if I could!

Adult adoptions are totally a thing, lol. 

1 minute ago, heilmania said:

Adult adoptions are totally a thing, lol. 

I am so much older, but San is so much wiser...and my husband and cat would have to come too!

• Like 1

We're not paid to be here, for one. Most of us have other things to do. I've been job hunting, going to appointments, etc, and I'm not always on my computer. I leave myself online because my laptop won't sleep when I close the lid, half the time, and I don't feel like fixing it. I have no obligation to respond to anyones PM, or be harassed for something because someone else broke the rules. I've been modding on this site for many years, and its sickening how people have been acting, and the way the mods and admins have been treated lately, jesus christ, we're fucking people too. We have lives. We're mentally ill, also, we have problems. So don't sit around and call us assholes because we'd rather do something else than get insulted and treated like shit, cross-examined, bitched at, told we're useless, etc, for something we've volunteered to do.

• Like 4