CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
KnickNak

Come on By to Say Hi or To Cry or Whatever

Hi Everyone, I know this isn't like chat.. but I figure maybe we could use this sort of like an AIM or just to talk and see what everyone is up to or how we are doing. 

We can talk about cats, food, mental breakdowns, anything you want!! Don't be sad.. I know this is a big change not having chat, but we are still here. 

Edited by KnickNak
  • Like 2

Oh...I didn't notice that CB chat was gone. I haven't been on for a bit. That is a bummer. Nothing like a good manic chat at 3am.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:20 PM, nervousbat said:

Hi! This is pretty random, I didn't want to post a thread about it because it seems so trivial, so I thought I'd ask here. Anyone here find clothes shopping stressful? I have such a neurotic relationship with clothes shopping. I LOVE clothes and fashion, but I have a hard time actually buying clothes for myself.

I've mostly been shopping online, because there aren't a lot of stores to choose from around here and it's crazy expensive to buy a train ticket and go shopping in the city, plus it's very stressful and exhausting with the people and trying to find something in the stores by myself. Shopping online takes away that stress, but the downside is that the size is never what you think it's going to be. It either runs small or big, or it's too long or too short or clingy. If I really like it I will go and have it tailored. Otherwise I will wear it in the house and never go out with it, or give it to charity or consignment. I also try to go thrift shopping whenever possible. We have a few thrift stores and there's always something interesting to look at. The downside of THAT however is that there's a risk of bringing home moths, which has already happened. My sister (or me, one of us though definitely) brought something infested into the house and now we have freaking clothes moths. I have to clean out my closets and drawers every once and a while. We're not like very badly infested with them but I find a larvae or moth occasionally.

I've sort of lost my zeal for fashion a little. I think I've learned a lot since I started spending more time clothes shopping on my own, but I just don't know how people do it. How do people all have their clothes put together and not baggy? Where are they getting their clothes from? Jean shopping to me is a nightmare. I would love to be able to wear denim pants without looking awkward but just don't have any luck finding pants that fit right. I have a round belly and don't like wearing high waisted pants for that reason, just doesn't feel comfortable. And my butt is weirdly shaped, it's flat or something lol, and the problem I often run into is having too much fabric that ends up sagging in the butt area. So frustrating! I've worn ONE pair jeans everyday for a year now and they are very baggy at this point, not just in the butt. 

Does anyone have a clothing store they recommend for stuff like jeans? Maybe I just need to keep looking. Ugh it's so annoying, pants shopping is the worst.  

Lucky Brand online sells different styles of jeans in different inseams but it's expensive.  GAP is another store with similar perks.  Usually their pants come short, regular, and long- or at least they used to when I shopped there years ago.  Also, a lot of jeans especially GAP makes skinny fit and super skinny fit jeans for people with small butts- I assume it's for small butts.  Well.., anyways. My size is 28 women's (hippopotamus) and I wear my size in the skinny fit because otherwise they are baggy in the legs but not the waist.   Everybody has a unique shape.  

Ive been out buying clothes for myself since I was a young teen and at first it was a lot of adrenaline and craziness but I've gotten so used to it- even at my current size- it's like second nature to me.  Shopping is something I LOVE.  

I hope this helps. 

Check out these pants!  http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1076534&vid=1&pid=525593002

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By csr
      For the last 20 years i am taking, 800mg Lithium, 200mg Quitipine, 150mg Serlift, 150mg of Bioprion, 0.75 of Alprozolam.  I am now 54 years. Life is going on by God Grace. 

Physiological Problems Either 
      Mental Illness   2. Behaviour 
      In Behaviour  special children  in public places Masterbating, or touching the Genetical Parts or Touching Chin....... 

For me, from the age of 28 years to till now, I did not go to the above extreme, but 
      Whenever I go outside I used to see Ladies private parts, then my mind change to normal. I was working many firms for the  lost 30 years. 

Now I am facing shame is , my daughter 22 years. When we go outside me, wife and daughter, I did the same thing and my daughter noticed also. Still many responsibility for me, like my daughter marriage, then there is  a  functions etc. 

So I want your advise. I need to have Therapy or Physiatrist Doctor. Can you pls advise. 

I have been on Sertaline 100mg for the last 20 years and for the last 5 years Buprion 150mg XL (to reduce the smoking, i reduced to 4 per day). As i said above an example, i find very hypersexuality and i find one article today. Here i enclosed here.
        My question: how to replace Sertaline 100mg and will stop Buproin 150mg completely. Can anyone give suggestion Pls.

• By thebakerbunny
      Hi, all. I feel like a newb oldie: been on here a while, still feel dumb as shit with all the o chem breakdowns and acronyms.
      Anyway- I've been maxed out on effexor xr for years now. I've taken it pretty consistently for...12 years? with a few breaks to try something new. There aren't many details I can remember well (always had a bad memory, now it's basically a vestigial feature), but here's what I've garnered: 
      *SSRIs and i seem to not mix. Not just some side effects, but all the side effects, and no or negative improvement.
      *wellbutrin did nothing for me. Not good, not bad- just nothing. 
      *Effexor was good- great, even- before I tapped out. I've just been staying with it till I can figure something out.
      *currently, I take 225 mg Effexor (and several doctors have told me now that they flat out won't go above that), 150 lamictal, and klonopin and Ambien as needed. (And as I've been mightily depressed lately...I've been "as needing" them a lot more.)

I've been wanting to change for a while now, and I've been studying up to see what might be some better options, but haven't had a tdoc or pdoc in the meantime. I'm meeting new ones shortly and I want to take some suggestions to them. Problem is that I'm allergic to a few things, with varying degrees of severity and type of allergic reactions. Any suggestions of SNRIs, TCAs, or MAOIs that aren't: 
      *sulfa-meds (full body hives. Like...full body- between my toes, in my buttcrack...😬)
      *compazine (difficult breathing, light anaphylaxis.)
      *darvocet, Vicodin (full-blown anaphylaxis.)

I have been given morphine with no reaction (so, what- does this mean that synethics cause issues, but cleaner natural versions don't?), and take imitrex regularly. I'm not smart enough to understand all of the individual components, and too ADD to have the patience to learn which causes what.
      I feel like it's got be something pretty potent, since I've been middling- to severely-depressed pretty constantly (easily 8 out those 12 years), but I also don't need anything that's going to make me lethargic. Apathetic, fine- just please, no serious drowsiness.  
      I defer to you guys and gals and pals for what your thoughts are on what might be most effective, but also won't send me to the ER.

• By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.