CrazyBoards.org

Ever have a coworker try to get you fired?

So I joke around at work a lot and when my coworkers laugh sometimes I laugh too (sort of to mock their laugh), most of my coworkers don't care; but one of them apparently wanted to get me fired.

I thought that was pretty crazy, so I turned the situation around and told HR of all the stuff that this woman has done (called me names, swore at me, and hit me on a few occasions); before this woman tried to get me in trouble by reporting me to HR and apparently planning to get me fired I let all that slide because I usually don't care that much to try to get people in trouble; but trying to get me fired is a step too far.

Why must some people try to cause drama/trouble anyways?

• Like 1

I've had that happen. I was an intern at my old job before being hired full time. One of my coworkers didn't take well to my moving up the ranks- he didn't like that he couldn't tell me what to do anymore. He threatened to rip my head off my body. I let it slide because I was newly in my position and didn't want to rock the boat. After that, he started copying my boss on all our email correspondence. He tattled on me over NOTHING, to the point where my boss was getting irritated with him. I think he felt threatened by me. My mom went through the same shit with an old coworker too, and it was all about jealousy. 

Keep telling HR about this shit so there are records in place, and try not to take it personally. Some people are just grumps. 

14 hours ago, tyrantblade said:

So I joke around at work a lot and when my coworkers laugh sometimes I laugh too (sort of to mock their laugh), most of my coworkers don't care; but one of them apparently wanted to get me fired.

I thought that was pretty crazy, so I turned the situation around and told HR of all the stuff that this woman has done (called me names, swore at me, and hit me on a few occasions); before this woman tried to get me in trouble by reporting me to HR and apparently planning to get me fired I let all that slide because I usually don't care that much to try to get people in trouble; but trying to get me fired is a step too far.

Why must some people try to cause drama/trouble anyways?

Because there are a fair number of people in the world that are just dicks.   Some are in jobs that they aren't able to do so they are always on the look out for someone to blame.   Others feel that if someone does do anything it shows a spotlight on them for being worthless wastes of everyones time. 

Be on the lookout because in at least one experience the dicks, worthless and do nothings outnumber the doers 800 to ahh 12 or so.

A simple rule should be "Don't fuck with me.  Do your job or at LEAST get the hell out of my way when I'm doing mine."   HR should always ask people who are trying to get someone fired "What have you done in the company in the last year"   Those that can't come up with anything should just be fired rather then listened to.   Another simple one is simply don't put your hands on anyone at work.   Well excepting handshakes and make out sessions (Kidding - sort of...  Invited make out sessions?) at the Christmas party.

And if I can go on a real rant.   Cubes should all be hauled to the dump and offices with doors put in.  Or the Cubes must be made sound proof with a ceiling and a door.   *Very small offices?

Yes, this has happened to me. Not only happened to me, I have witnessed the same coworker trying to get another one besides me fired. This guy loved office politics and drama, and he wanted to create a cadre of coworkers loyal to him. I don't like office politics and do not like to play mind games and go behind people's backs so I guess I needed to go according to him. I ended up resigning later because I could not take the drama.

• Like 2

Supposedly they fired her because she has a problem with a coworker every day (it seems to be a revolving door with this woman) and she was arguing with somebody on lunch; I hope it's true because while I didn't set out to get anybody fired; somebody like that deserve what they get.

I'm so happy that this problem coworker really got fired and probably won't ever be coming back, I didn't initially set out to get her fired, but to try to act innocent and get me fired is crazy, I try to be really relaxed and let almost anything slide, but sometimes push comes to shove.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a BOARD MEMBER try to get me fired! I had served on the board with her and disagreed with a proposal (and I won) - she held it against me ever since. One of those "I am always right" people. Luckily the rest of the board knew she was an angry, sad person.

I worked at a job, many years ago, where I was casual buddies with the office manager. It was a three person office, a magazine. I was hired on to layout and design the magazine, along with manage the ad placement. We got along at first, then I got too much recognition from the owner for cleaning up the magazine and designing nice covers and she got angry. She seethed - she would not talk to me, but would be passive aggressive and angry about anything I did. The more helpful I tried to be, the meaner she got. One day, after hearing her openly and purposely complaining about me on the phone to a friend, I finished the monthly layout, prepped the file for print, put my key on the desk and walked out.

9 hours ago, Jumping Rabbit said:

but would be passive aggressive and angry about anything I did.

I hate when people are passive-aggressive.  Admittedly I have done it in the past, but only because someone had been that way towards me.  And what goes around comes around.

9 hours ago, Jumping Rabbit said:

I worked at a job, many years ago, where I was casual buddies with the office manager. It was a three person office, a magazine. I was hired on to layout and design the magazine, along with manage the ad placement. We got along at first, then I got too much recognition from the owner for cleaning up the magazine and designing nice covers and she got angry. She seethed - she would not talk to me, but would be passive aggressive and angry about anything I did. The more helpful I tried to be, the meaner she got. One day, after hearing her openly and purposely complaining about me on the phone to a friend, I finished the monthly layout, prepped the file for print, put my key on the desk and walked out.

I would have done the same thing.  That really sucks.  I'm sorry that things happened the way they did.  You didn't deserve that!