Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Is this an hallucination or something else?


Recommended Posts

I'll do my best to describe what happens but it's hard to explain...

For about two and a half years I've been experiencing visions. I see mainly dead people (yes I know, you're all thinking of THAT movie) but also other very macabre visions. People who have no face just a hole where their mouth, eyes and nose should be, cats who have no eyes just deep dark holes, I don't even own a cat and yet I spent hours searching around my apartment for the cat with no eyes because I was convinced I'd seen it. I also see lots of other people. I have no idea who these people are but they are very real. It happens when I close my eyes and it's so real that I'm sure if I reached into my eyes I'd be able to pull these people out. What's confusing though is that it's so real that even when I blink I'll suddenly get these visions that come into my mind but they are so real that it's as though I'm not just seeing them in my mind but also right in front of me.

I know it's not my imagination because these visions happen suddenly and without warning. I'm not religious but I'm certain they're demons of some sort. How else could all these people invade my body? I tried talking to my ex therapist about it once because they really distress me but he just said don't worry about it. Thanks for that, such a great help. I've had times where they've interfered with my thoughts and made me want to self harm and even made me think I wanted to jump in front of a train but luckily they took those thoughts away. I often hear them screaming as well or laughing maniacally at me while looking into my eyes with their evil looking faces but no, nothing to worry about...Not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they are hallucinations and not real.  Not trying to discount how you feel/what you see, but to me they dont seem logical ... however, I've been where you are now and thought things and seen things similar to what you have, only to find out later they weren't real. They interfered with my thoughts also. I agree they come on suddenly. 

3 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I tried talking to my ex therapist about it once because they really distress me but he just said don't worry about it.

What a prick.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I think they are hallucinations and not real.  Not trying to discount how you feel/what you see, but to me they dont seem logical ... however, I've been where you are now and thought things and seen things similar to what you have, only to find out later they weren't real. They interfered with my thoughts also. I agree they come on suddenly. 

What a prick.

 

Yeah I didn't get much help from him at all. I kept up the therapy for over a year with each time thinking we would do something productive but all he did was ask me how my photography course was going and what else I'd been up to. Whenever I brought up issues I was having such as the visions and people stealing my thoughts and other problems his answer was usually don't worry about it, or that I should go out more. Thank goodness the "therapy" was free because it would have been a waste of money otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Yeah I didn't get much help from him at all. I kept up the therapy for over a year with each time thinking we would do something productive but all he did was ask me how my photography course was going and what else I'd been up to. Whenever I brought up issues I was having such as the visions and people stealing my thoughts and other problems his answer was usually don't worry about it, or that I should go out more. Thank goodness the "therapy" was free because it would have been a waste of money otherwise.

Considering he is a therapist (or whatever you want to call him) he doesn't seem to know what he is doing hearing how you are bringing up serious stuff, and all he can say is to 'not worry about it' and to 'get out more.'  Maybe he needs to go back to school and take a few courses.  He doesn't seem to "get" what you (and most likely others) are saying to him.  Idk if I could have hung on to a year with him.  That really sucks and I hope you have a better tdoc now. 

Oh man, yes!  Thank goodness it was free ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2017 at 5:01 AM, dazed and confused said:

Yeah I didn't get much help from him at all. I kept up the therapy for over a year with each time thinking we would do something productive but all he did was ask me how my photography course was going and what else I'd been up to. Whenever I brought up issues I was having such as the visions and people stealing my thoughts and other problems his answer was usually don't worry about it, or that I should go out more. Thank goodness the "therapy" was free because it would have been a waste of money otherwise.

This "therapy" may have been free, but it was still wasting your time, time that could have been spent with a truly qualified therapist, and it minimized your problems, problems that certainly did not need minimizing at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Closure said:

This "therapy" may have been free, but it was still wasting your time, time that could have been spent with a truly qualified therapist, and it minimized your problems, problems that certainly did not need minimizing at all.

He was qualified, he just simply wasn't a good fit for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...