CrazyBoards.org

I looked for this topic and couldn't find it.  This post may also be in the wrong place as well. 

Do you use a light box and does it help?  How often and for how long do you sit in front of it?

Do you think it works?  What model do you use?

I sit in front of mine every morning for about a half an hour.  Actually I am now. My Pdoc said it was okay despite the warning label.  Mine says not to be used by those diagnosed with bipolar disorder.  It can cause hypo/manic episodes. 

i am not sure it helps.  Too scared of the pit to not use it. I have a Sun Touch Plus, I got it on Amazon along with everything I own. Hehe  It includes an ionizer.  I have no idea what that is and really don't care to google it. 

1 hour ago, dragonfly23 said:

I am not sure it helps.  Too scared of the pit to not use it. I have a Sun Touch Plus, I got it on Amazon along with everything I own. Hehe  It includes an ionizer.  I have no idea what that is and really don't care to google it. 

I asked a similar question a little bit ago...It was for recommendations though. I used to have that Sun Touch Plus from Amazon (if it's that top rated one?)YEARS ago. Does it have a fan that makes that sort of white noise?? It was boxy/bulky looking and had a weird plastic smell to it. I did use it in the mornings for awhile, but I think it just made me sort of irritable/headachey to be honest. The light reminded me of those horrible fluorescent hospital lights which i hate.

I've considered getting a smaller, more modern/aesthetic looking Lightbox, but the one i was considering only had 5,000 Lux (and I've read that it should be 10,000 or more to be effective). Post updates!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use the early version of a light box--huge!  It seemed to help depression at the time. More recently I got a little 10,000 lux bux from Amazon and very carefully used it for more energy. It seemed to help even with 5 min but it wasn't convenient, I wasn't sure it worked, and I feared ending up manic if I overdid it. So it didn't harm me, seemed helpful. I still have it but don't get around to using it.