CrazyBoards.org

I have delusional thoughts bipolar and history of hallucinating. Seroquel worked for four years at a lower dose but it slowed down my intestinal tract and became having side effects.  At JKF hospital they took good care of me and put me on the maximum dose of Geodon. 80 mg twice a day.  All my paranoia went away which was crippling.  I made it a whole month without an anxiety attack.  It does make me restless but I was wondering if I could just take it at night? I have been up all night because my mind is trying to figure out why I had an anxiety attack.  Does anyone think it could be related to Radar from airplanes, I am in a flight path for PBI so they are close to the ground all day long and the one anxiety attack that I have had was as a b17 aircraft flew over head.  I am caffeine and nicotine free so my mind needs an answer as what to do.  I was in bad shape before the hospital and I think geodon helped me out I a life saving manor but I think I am taking too much at 160 mg a day I feel mostly normal and back to my old self but I don't know why I had the panic attack.

Edited by Sirlancelot1982

1 hour ago, Sirlancelot1982 said:

I have delusional thoughts bipolar and history of hallucinating. Seroquel worked for four years at a lower dose but it slowed down my intestinal tract and became having side effects.  At JKF hospital they took good care of me and put me on the maximum dose of Geodon. 80 mg twice a day.  All my paranoia went away which was crippling.  I made it a whole month without an anxiety attack.  It does make me restless but I was wondering if I could just take it at night? I have been up all night because my mind is trying to figure out why I had an anxiety attack.  Does anyone think it could be related to Radar from airplanes, I am in a flight path for PBI so they are close to the ground all day long and the one anxiety attack that I have had was as a b17 aircraft flew over head.  I am caffeine and nicotine free so my mind needs an answer as what to do.  I was in bad shape before the hospital and I think geodon helped me out I a life saving manor but I think I am taking too much at 160 mg a day I feel mostly normal and back to my old self but I don't know why I had the panic attack.

Welcome to CB!

I'm glad the geodon has helped you so much!

Are you seeing a psychiatrist (pdoc) currently?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I think these are all great questions to ask your DR.  Especially about the dosage being too high or not.

Idk why you had the panic attack, but they can sometimes come on so fast that it can sometimes be hard to pin point the cause, IME anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't think you're on too much at 160 mg/day. If you think you're having anxiety attacks because of RADAR from airplanes, that could be a symptoms of delusions, and you may actually require even more Geodon (which you can go up to an absolute max of 240 mg/day), or you may need an augmenting antipsychotic, either another atypical with a differing pharmacology like one with dopamine partial agonism like Abilify, Rexulti, or Vraylar, or you may need a typical antipsychotic (first generation antipsychotic) added to the Geodon (like Thorazine, Haldol, Prolixin, etc.)

I found Geodon pretty useless at pretty much any dose, for psychosis at least. My pdoc (way back, not my current one) was going to add Haldol, but it got flagged as a major interaction by my pharmacy, so I just switched to Haldol. (Long WT syndrome from Geodon + Haldol was more likely than just taking Geodon) Kinda sounds like it's not helping you out all too well.

Talk to your pdoc about switching anti-psychotics, because it doesn't seem like Geodon is getting rid of your symptoms, no offense. That is a higher dose, but not the highest.

For atypical antipsychotics (AAP) I found seroquel or risperdal the best for psychosis. For typicals (AP), I found loxapine and Haldol the best. Loxapine is interesting because its a borderline typical and atypical.