CrazyBoards.org

I have been diagnosed a long time ago with BPD, but recently I have noticed that one minute I will be fine, then next having suicidal idealizations and then mad or sad. It's enough to drive anyone crazy, I was on Respirdal but that was for auditory hallucinations. I'm wondering does anyone else go through this and if so how the hell do I deal with it. I'm already one a mood stabilizer and I just don't know anymore.

When I was dealing with a lot of BPD-type issues, before I did DBT, I found that my mood was very unstable in that way.  Therapy helped a lot.  The evidence for mood stabilizers in treating mood swings specifically in BPD isn't super compelling.

Yeah, the sudden intense mood swings are some of the most challenging lingering symptoms of my bpd. I don't think my antidepressants help that at all. I think some dbt/act/mindfulness skills can make them easier. By not kinda being drawn into them & being afraid of how bad things can get with them they don't snowball as badly. But at the same time I have to be doing okay overall for that to be more effective. I also find if all else fails a weighted blanket helps me.