CrazyBoards.org

Dating Statistics

I was reading Worst Dates and I was struck by the number of people who said that they had only been on one date. So that got me to thinking....

How many dates have you had in your life? How many boyfriends or girlfriends (or both)? How many marriages?

Are you ready for my numbers? Make sure you are sitting down for this.

I've been on a 1st date with over 200 men. Way over. I lost track a long time ago and I was over 200 then.

I have had 15 boyfriends in my life, each lasting at least 2 months and some as long as 3 years.

I'm 40 years old, have been dating since I was 14, and I've never been married. I'd like to find a great guy and get married. I need off this merry-go-round.

I'm bipolar. I think that has a lot to do with it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya,

1st date at 19, by accident, he said he and others were watching Monty Python.  Liar.

2nd date at 20, ew, nuf said.

3rd date ledto 1st (with any luck, only) marriage, knock wood.

--ncc--

(WTF is knock wood???  I keep saying it, and punching myself in the head when I do, haha, my head is wood.  WTF is knock wood???)

First date at 18

Married him 2 months later

Been married for 5 years

Only marriage for both of us

(Knocking on wood is a historically time-proven (i.e. superstitious) method of averting any potential disaster that can be invoked by its mere mention. Why wood, and why knocking on it, I have no idea.)

First date at 18

Married him 2 months later

Been married for 5 years

Only marriage for both of us

WOW, Faith!  That rocks!  How did you know so quickly that he was The One?
  • For me.. gosh.. first date age 15.
  • Boyfriends...(5 total) ranging from a few months to a few years duration
  • Girlfriends...(6 total) ranging from a few months to 8 years.

Age 50 and still waiting for Ms. Right.  I seriously doubt it'll be a Mr.

1st date when I was 14.

Had a few boyfriends who lasted a few months each.

Met dh at age 16 & have been together for 16 years (half my life.)

I am just glad I met dh when I did as I am not the easiest person to love.

Do one night stands count as dates? If so, combined total +/- 150 (all before 21!) I'm 45 now. Worst STD then was Herpes, which I escaped, btw.  ;)

2 marriages ended in divorce

1 marriage ended in death (his) duh...

Outside of the marriages, +/- 5 long-term relationships, 1+ years. Last of which was 2+ years, over almost a year ago, but I'm still in it--alone. Sigh.

Not one for relationship advice unless it's of the what not to do variety. I tend to follow my soul and leave all reason behind when it comes to affairs of the heart.

I do believe all of them were valuable, even the one with satan himself.

First date at 17, stayed together for about 2 years, on and off

Brief fling at 19 - transition man

At 22, was with a guy for about a year

Stayed single for 3-4 years - maybe 10 dates total with three guys.

Met "the one" at 27. We've now been together for 9 years.

Guest FrannyNZooey

Do one night stands count as dates? If so, combined total +/- 150 (all before 21!) I'm 45 now. Worst STD then was Herpes, which I escaped, btw.  :)

2 marriages ended in divorce

1 marriage ended in death (his) duh...

Outside of the marriages, +/- 5 long-term relationships, 1+ years. Last of which was 2+ years, over almost a year ago, but I'm still in it--alone. Sigh.

Not one for relationship advice unless it's of the what not to do variety. I tend to follow my soul and leave all reason behind when it comes to affairs of the heart.

I do believe all of them were valuable, even the one with satan himself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suze my dating was all done way young too, and herpes so right was the big dreaded fear which too I escaped.

Must have been our so free and young spirit (trying to put it in nice terms for me anyway) that just kept us speed dating, loving, and safe!

But that was then.

Now I would wear a whole body condom ;)

Aly

I don't know what to count as a "date."

I've had 2 defined "relationships" of a year and a year and a half, respectively.  I was engaged to both of them.  HAHAHAHA.  I wish I were kidding, but I'm not.  Maybe 3 other "somethings" with people that were never defined.  2/3 friends w/ benefits type situations. 

My "dating" history doesn't really categorize well.

*edit- I'm 21, for whatever that's worth.

I don't know what to count as a "date."

I've had 2 defined "relationships" of a year and a year and a half, respectively.  I was engaged to both of them.  HAHAHAHA.  I wish I were kidding, but I'm not.  Maybe 3 other "somethings" with people that were never defined.  2/3 friends w/ benefits type situations. 

My "dating" history doesn't really categorize well.

*edit- I'm 21, for whatever that's worth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I reply to you younger folks, because I never want to sound like I know anything because obviously if you've read anything I've written I don't.

But 21, unless there is a meteor with BECCA stamped on it, headed your way you have so much life ahead. I don't feel old and dried up by any means. In fact, quite the contrary, I feel like woo hoo, I have the second 1/2 of my life stretching out in front of me and oh what plans do I have!

The problem is, you reach a certain age and you become invisible to everyone but especially men, at my age, as referenced above I have baggage, even if I do tend to look at it as something I carry around in a beautiful tapestry bag, a la Mary Poppins. Most men my age group are more fucked up then the women, so the odds of mating are dramatically reduced.

In otherwords, you've only just begun <Karen Carpenter voiceover> to live...white lace and promises, a kiss for luck and we're on our way. Okay, I have to go barf now. Oops, bad analogy, but the Carpenters never were my particular carpet bag.

Try to resist cynicism would be my best advice, advice that I of course don't heed  myself, but freely dispense.

I totally agree!

I'm not at all "sensitive" about my age.  Most of my friends are older than I am, so I'm used to being the young one. 

But damn you for putting Karen Carpenter in my head!

*shakes fist*

I totally agree!

I'm not at all "sensitive" about my age.  Most of my friends are older than I am, so I'm used to being the young one. 

But damn you for putting Karen Carpenter in my head!

*shakes fist*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"doncha remember ya told me ya loved me baby?" LOL...

oh my gosh...

ive been in about 12 relationships.  most of them were piddly stupid mistakes...throw a few one night stands in there...etc.

only 2 of them were somewhat serious; the first i lived with for over a year and he nearly beat the shit out of me. i left 2 days later...and i still to this day have no idea what happened.

the second didnt last that long but i probably would have took off somewhere with him, married him even, being as young as i was (22). we had a lot of stupid fights ...i took off once after a fight and 3 weeks later he called in tears to tell me he knocked his ex up.  she had the baby and well...thats where things stand now.  we're still best friends but its real difficult talking to him. i miss him a lot sometimes... i still have a hard time letting go. hes also MI - so he understands a lot...anyway.

im now in a great relationship with a wonderful man - its been almost 2 years.  ups and downs yes - but still solid. VERY understanding, very loving, by far one of the best people ive EVER met in my entire life.

...so there.

I'm 21, I have dated 17 men and a 1 girl, had 11 sexual partners (all committed relationships except for one terrible one night stand which could have been more but I felt so guilty I quit it) and have been engaged once and lived with two different guys. I am much like Saturnine in that all my powers of logic go out of the window, I agree to dinner and somehow I get to be a girlfriend/fiance in no time, thank God no one has ever persuaded me down that long aisle! My worst thing is that I took someone to a foreign country on a fifth date. The shame! We had an absolute ball though, I don't regret it really!

However I have just managed a year of sexual celibacy and am six months into a year of no dating, so maybe I am reformed, who knows? Lol! I am struggling now as I have met someone new and magical and perfect... why do birds suddenly appear..everytime, he is neeeaar! If you catch me being lovey dovey, slap me about a bit, I need good sense talking into me.

hrm.  *counts on fingers*

i'm a serial monogamist.  for a while each relationshp lasted exactly twice as long as the one before, but that really could only go on for so long.

ok, so not counting people i've kissed, etc. while a silly goth girl at rocky or people i've made out with in bars and at parties during my self-destructive phase...

first bf at 16. 5 boyfriends in total.  7 sexual partners (almost 9, but thankfully i had a modicum os self restraint with those two),  6 months spent "single" (so embarassing.)  engaged twice, cheated on once, cheated once (had to see what it was all about) and married once. 

met my husband in 2001 (i was dating his friend, i'm awful... but i didn't cheat)  we became fast best friends, and got married in september of 2004.  i was 25, which is apparently the average age of (first) marriage in the US.  (i'm hoping for first and last)

i've been told my dating pattern screams "daddy issues" due to my lack of single time.

oh well.

happily married, too late to go be singe now.

penny

Wow.  I'm amazed that some of ya'll can remember exact numbers.  I was too busy thinking I was keeping my symptoms under "control" with alcohol for most of my life to remember how many, or who.  Sad but true.  I married my high school boyfriend at 18 to get out of my parent's house.  It ended badly at 25.  I felt trapped and was manic as hell.  Gotta go, gotta get out.

3 years later (and multiple someones), I managed to find someone nice and settled down for 12 years.  Had a baby.  Got sober at the end, and went batshit without the booze to mellow things out.  He divorced me and kept my daughter.

Enter boyfriend nutty as me.

Got the BP under control, but he dumped me during one of my many hospitalizations.

Met current husband, who rocks.  Life is damn good, dated a year, lived together a year, and will celebrate 1 year anniversary Valentine's weekend.

Daughter won't speak to me, but all endings aren't 100% happy.  You take it one day at time, and keep the outcome in God's hands, you know?

Archived