CrazyBoards.org

If you hear a noise you are unfamiliar with or something surprises you and words form in your mind that clearly aren't there then is it a hallucination? Like if i hear someone elses tv on but it sounds like a forceful voice in my head what is this called? Like whats it called when sounds sound like a strong voice in your head? I have this happen every time some noise surprises me its really annoying. I will hear any loud sound and feel the pressure of a voice inside my head. Like I get spooked and a voice comes immediately and lasts for a short second. This can't be normal:(

17 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Are they you're own thoughts, or are they coming from other sources?

To me they sound like they could be hallucinations, but I'm not sure ... I think this is a great question to ask your pdoc.

It sounds like a forced sound in my left ear last time i experienced it. Its like certain sounds can trigger voices? Sometimes for instance I think I hear my phone ringing then I check and its not ringing. This happens it seems everyday. I'm not sure if these are hallucinations or pseudo or what but they seem real.

1 hour ago, JustGotOut said:

It sounds like a forced sound in my left ear last time i experienced it. Its like certain sounds can trigger voices? Sometimes for instance I think I hear my phone ringing then I check and its not ringing. This happens it seems everyday. I'm not sure if these are hallucinations or pseudo or what but they seem real.

The phone ringing when it's not sounds like an outside-the-head hallucination. The voices may be inside-the-head hallucinations. I've even had ones that are a combination of the two.

6 hours ago, JustGotOut said:

Yes, in some people certain sounds can trigger voices.  That happens to me, especially with music.  For me they are hallucinations.  Maybe they could be for you too, but I think if these have recently started, it would be a good idea to talk to your pdoc about it.

For me the music triggers, I hear outside voices that I actually hear out loud, and other triggers, they start voices inside my head, but which aren't audible; they are thoughts from me to other people.

I probably won't bring it up with pdoc because he already diagnosed me as schizoaffective and he already knows i have voices. I just wanted to know what I was experiencing and it seems others here do as well so as long as they dont impair my functioning which they don't I'm fine with it.

2 hours ago, JustGotOut said:

I probably won't bring it up with pdoc because he already diagnosed me as schizoaffective and he already knows i have voices. I just wanted to know what I was experiencing and it seems others here do as well so as long as they dont impair my functioning which they don't I'm fine with it.

oh, ok I'm sorry I misunderstood that. 

IMO I think you were experiencing hallucinations.

(bold) I am glad you are fine with it all and that they don't impair functioning.  They are annoying sometimes though, especially when they happen, when you least expect it!