CrazyBoards.org

Please can someone help. I am very stressed and worried. I am 19 weeks 3 days pregnant and have been taking 400 mg of quetiapine the whole pregnancy so far for physocosis, insomnia, and anxiety. Can someone please tell me if they have ever or is taking Quatiapine during pregnancy ??? If so how did it effect the baby, mentally.. physically.. please Help. I don't think me stressing about the answers to this is good for me and the child.

Its category C:

Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

It is best to contact the person prescribing the med or your OB/GYN as they can weigh the benefits/risks for your particular case,

3 hours ago, notloki said:

It is best to contact the person prescribing the med or your OB/GYN as they can weigh the benefits/risks for your particular case,

@Vonnie, I agree with notloki........Please consult your pdoc and OB/GYN before making any changes to your meds........They are the ones who can best evaluate your individual situation..........Here's a very informative article about quetiapine (Seroquel) use during pregnancy:

http://www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Quetiapine/

Edited by CrazyRedhead