CrazyBoards.org

Congress votes to allow coal ash dumping into streams and rivers

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/317616-senate-votes-to-block-obama-coal-rule

The House and Senate have voted to repeal Obama's Stream Protection Rule, and of course Trump will sign off on this as quickly as he can, is my guess..........

The Stream Protection Rule was a regulation requiring coal firms to clean up waste from mountaintop removal mining and prevent it from going into local waterways.........And now this Rule will be overturned by Trump and a Republican Congress.

How could anyone think this is okay?............. How does this make any sense at all?

People living near where the coal debris dumping will occur, will probably be drinking water contaminated with coal ash.......WTF is wrong with this picture?............More people will probably be getting sick and possibly getting cancer, plus more fish and wildlife will be affected, also.........Coal ash is highly toxic.

Somebody tell me this is just a bad dream........But I fear that Trump and Republican dominated Congress are just getting started.....**SIGH**

Below is a pic of a stream contaminated by coal ash......We can look forward to more of this polluted water in coal-mining areas, thanks to Trump and his yes men in Congress.........So sad........:(

How does this "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"????

picture of contaminated stream.jpg

Edited by CrazyRedhead

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

@Alien Navel Cord, Having a clean environment means making rules and regulations for all those corporations that are polluting the air and water............

IMO, Don the Con, and other Repubs, don't like rules and regulations for corporations.

Good point. De-regulation is the name of the Republican game, isn't it. Ugh.

The Republicans are all about maximizing profits even if it is at the expense of the environment. They don't  believe in reigning in profits for the good of humanity. They don't care about much else except maximizing profits.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jt07 said:

They don't care about much else except maximizing profits.

Sad but true......

Ironically, the people that will suffer the most by the repeal of Obama's Stream Protection Rule, will be all those people in coal mining areas, who, for the most part, voted for Trump.

**SIGH**

4 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Sad but true......

Ironically, the people that will suffer the most by the repeal of Obama's Stream Protection Rule, will be all those people in coal mining areas, who, for the most part, voted for Trump.

**SIGH**

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It never ceases to amaze me how people can vote against their own interests. Like poor people on Medicaid voting Republican and wanting to get rid of Obamacare. Or like people in coal country voting against environmental regulations and regulations that actually protect coal miners.

• Like 2