CrazyBoards.org

Hey everybody,

I've thought i was just crazy for as long as I can remember, but I never thought there was a name or a diagnosis for what I was experiencing, just general craziness. After addiction, rehab, multiple relapses, failed medication, and a year of prodding by my therapist I finally gave a psychiatrist an honest shot. I had read up on personality disorders and came across schizotypal personality disorder which looked like a mirror for me, when I did see the psych i told him this and he discussed my experiences and he agreed with me. I am now being treated and seeing improvement for the first time in my life. I started on .5 mg Risperidone for a few days, noticed it would help for a while but then wear off. I did something that was unimaginable for me before and called my psychiatrist to ask if I could up the dose rather than just doing it or resorting to something else. I am now on 1 mg taken in two .5 doses and although I think i still need a higher dose I have made such significant improvement with my paranoia, delusions, depression and anxiety, as well as actually trying to trust the psych by going to him first. The future and today just seem so much brighter. I don't know if this post is in the right place or if there is a place for it, I just got excited when I saw this forum. So thank all of you for being here.

Edited by schizollenial
  • Like 2

That's such wonderful news. I'm so glad you were able to be assertive & get help along with the right diagnosis & treatment. Hope it continues to improve for you & you're able to be freeĀ from/able to manage the challenges you've had in the past.

Glad to hear treatment/medication is going well for you. Long may it last! Feel free to hang around and post other things if you want. If you want to ask a question or discuss experiences, use the forums but if you want to just talk about yourself or your day the blogs are a nice place to do that!