CrazyBoards.org

Been feeling kind of weird lately

I'm feeling like kinda manic like on the verge of doing some really weird crazy stuff, and going out every day. But I'm also feeling distant from myself if that makes sense. Like how in movies there's a fish eye blurry effect they do with the camera to let you know that the pov we're seeing isn't someone in control of themselves. I don't really know what to do or like anything. I'm struggling to not drive halfway across the country to yell at a friend for not answering my texts, but at the same time I was in tears in Target because the cashier asked how I was doing and I wasn't prepared for a human being to talk to me. Is this a mixed episode? Or is it the medicine causing weird side effects? 

Edited by SmokedNeptune

Did you start a new med recently, or increase the dose of an established med? I'm curious about why you might think this is a med side effect. 

I know the feeling you're describing. It's awful. It's unstable and unpredictable. Do you have any upcoming appointments with you pdoc?

4 hours ago, SmokedNeptune said:

But I'm also feeling distant from myself if that makes sense.  Like how in movies there's a fish eye blurry effect they do with the camera to let you know that the poverty we're seeing isn't someone in control of themselves.

Maybe dissociation?

I think this is something that would be a great idea to ask your pdoc about.

4 hours ago, SmokedNeptune said:

Or is it the medicine causing weird side effects? 

What med/s are you on?  Any changes recently?

Do you think you can get through that long, or do you need at try for an appointment sooner? Do you feel that your symptoms are worsening, causing you more distress, having a greater impact on your daily functioning, putting you in danger? If any of those things are true, then I think you should try to see your doctor sooner.

I mean I kinda feel like I'm fine but then again I always feel like I'm fine but that's the first day my pdoc is back from a break so no sooner appointments at all. I was more just curious of a way to explain the way I'm feeling to like write it down and monitor it for the future