CrazyBoards.org

Your weirdest phobias

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CraZgrrl: I didn't think anyone listened to REM especially liking BAD DAY!      We're sick of being jerked around we all fall down

Of late I can't touch anything in a public bathroom like the doorknob. I have to have a towel to guard against whatever is lurking there.

People trying to take a sip of my drink or a bite of my food. I have to throw it away if they touch it in any way.

Germs on taps and door handles. I have to cup water in my hands to throw over the tap after I've turned it off, and I can't touch the door handle of a public bathroom. I wash my own doors and door handles at home so that they're safe to touch.

Planes that are overhead, because they are going to fall out of the sky and kill me,  especially if I stare at them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

omg... me toooooo! I live right under the flight path for PDX, and I catch myself holding my breath every time one of the planes flies over. With me, I think it's residual stuff from 9/11. Completely illogical, but whatever.

As for the rest... I have to break my list up into things I am actually afraid of and things I just plain don't like. Otherwise I feel like far too much a wuss.

Things I am actually afraid of:

~ Disease and injury in my loved ones, animals included. (Funny that... I don't care if I am all screwed up, but if my cat sneezes, I'm a mess!)

~ Crowds... but not all the time. Only when my anxiety is acting up.

~ The phone. This one has gone from the don't like list to here. I think I obsessed about not liking it too much so now I'm actually afraid. >.<

~ Bugs being on me. I'm all cool with bugs outside and away from me. I don't seek them out to destroy them... but when one lands on me, ICK! I can feel bugs crawling on me for hours afterwards. OH! And moths! YUCK! I am terrified of moths in any circumstance!

~Doors opening in my face. In high school I had to walk down the center of the hallway because the doors opened outwardly and I just knew one would open and slam me right in the face.

Now for the other...

Things I just plain don't like, though I'm not technically *afraid* of them:

~Clowns/ mimes/ The King king.jpg 'nuff said.

~ People who are unconscious. Specifically, I went to see my grandpa in the nursing home before he died. It wasn't grief or being sad that he was going to die.. I was just profoundly uncomfortable because he was unconscious. Weird, huh?

I forgot the rest. I need more coffee.

Oh, but what about things that irrationally amuse us? Like... I can't see a goat or a flamingo without giggling uncontrollably for several minutes. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!

First, great topic Helena!

My phobias:

Meat (so I am vegan- no animal products

becoming fat

seeing things that aren't there (happens sometimes)

tennis balls

war

CLOWNS and any fake people (dolls, stuff like that)

catching diseases/people sharing my food (I won't touch it after that)

afraid of life....

Moved as phobias are a class of anxiety disorder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damnit, I thought VE was gonna tell us his boogey monsters.

Mine are: close quarters with large crowds. Like concerts

The grocery store, I don't know if I'm phobic or just HATE it.

But here's a weird one, those trucks that carry big panels of glass. And car carrying big trucks. Regular big trucks, no prob.

My dad's racing buddy got killed last week when a rig carrying a front end loader went under a bridge, knocked the front end loader off the truck and smushed bill like a bug. Poof. Gone. That bothers me. Being behind big trucks going under bridges. Also, being behind vehicles hauling trailers cuz this lady I used to work with and her kid were killed when the trailer seperated from the truck. The kid was 8, she was 40 or so. Long time ago, but I still think about it. Her 14 y.o. daughter was a volunteer for me at our job.

Sad.

I'm definitely not a germaphobe at home, but I don't like natural bodies or water. I love the ocean, but I won't go in it. I dated a microbiologist. <shiver>

hmmm pretty much everything.  For me it's this impending sense of doom.  Watching Donnie Darko really hit home.  I always have this sixth sense that something will fall out of the sky and land on my car and kill me....or I'll end up in a tragic car wreck....or I'll get some form of terminal cancer, which I'll die from.  Don't know, I've had a bunch of random ass childhood diseases including lyme disease and viral meningitis so I just am convinced that I'm cursed......

the toilet water tank. i HATE opening that lid. gah! big GAH!

grouse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

would it be rude, and unsupportive to...laugh? That's funny. Not to you! I feel your pain and I would come all the way to Australia to fix your terlit.

Get this, I like condiments, ketchup, mayo, mustard? But I CANT stand to smell them or touch them. So, yeah, I belong here. People say the obvious, well how do you eat them?

Carefully.

I also hate clowns.  I have since I was little.  Im terrified of throwing up and/or having the stomach virus, or my kids getting it.  I also wont touch the door handle of a public restroom without a paper towel in my hand.  Yuck, how many people leave the bathroom without washing their hands. 

All kidding aside, I'm getting a phobia about going to bed. Not that I'll die, and I'm not afraid of anything. I just get anxious about climbing in that bed. I did not have that problem in my depression. But now I haven't slept in 48 hours. I feel like I'm tripping. I will sleep today.

All kidding aside, I'm getting a phobia about going to bed. Not that I'll die, and I'm not afraid of anything. I just get anxious about climbing in that bed. I did not have that problem in my depression. But now I haven't slept in 48 hours. I feel like I'm tripping. I will sleep today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it's a flashback. TOO MANY yellow sunshine hits or your bed is too high and you are

afaid of falling the hell out of bed ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I gave away the caddy of California King waterbeds when I had to move last year, now I use an aeromat they are quite comfy. And it's a twin. I'm giving up on ever having a roll in the sack again.

Needles (Once sat through a root canal with no painkillers.)

Large gatherings

Germs. If you touch it, it's your food now. Enjoy it, I don't want it.

Being locked in or held down anywhere.

Becoming addicted to anything. (I won't take painkillers with opiates in them. I have several bottles just gathering dust. It's weird, but there you go.)

Between those, it's mighty fun to drag me into a hospital. Instant panic attack.

Archived