CrazyBoards.org

I just got a job (finally) after more than a year of unemployeement. I've been working there since last Friday. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. The work is horridly boring. I have a phone list in front of me and i call people soliciting the business i work for. Basically just like a telemarketer. Companies hire us to be a middle man between employees and insurance companies. We also have a dr. that answers medical questions.

EVERY DAY Since i started i can think of nothing but quitting.

I don't know what to do. I need to work. I need money. I need to get myself health insurance. I'm at a lose. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep my life away.

I don't know when i'll ever be able to hold a job again. Its a roller coaster with me. At least i've kept this job for more than a day. That was my record from before. I've made it a week this time.

I want to quit. I'll have NOTHING if i quit and waiting for ssdi is pointless. I doubt i'll get it anyways.

I've been in that situation where I just wanted to run out the door screaming (before I knew why I felt so crazy).

I would focus on little goals like just getting thru the next hour, then the mid morning coffee break, lunch... until closing time.

I would try to take some satisfaction at how much the company was paying me to do such a stupid job.

Imagine walking out the door, getting into a semi truck, leaving everything else behind and driving the country with no telephone, customers

Imagine running off to the caribbean

Imagine working down at the marina, drinking coffee, selling bait and tieing up boats while being quiet, friendly, mysterious "Old AirMarshall" ;)

A.M.

I've been in that situation where I just wanted to run out the door screaming (before I knew why I felt so crazy).

I would focus on little goals like just getting thru the next hour, then the mid morning coffee break, lunch... until closing time.

I would try to take some satisfaction at how much the company was paying me to do such a stupid job.

Imagine walking out the door, getting into a semi truck, leaving everything else behind and driving the country with no telephone, customers

Imagine running off to the caribbean

Imagine working down at the marina, drinking coffee, selling bait and tieing up boats while being quiet, friendly, mysterious "Old AirMarshall"

I actually made it through work today. Granted it was only a 4 hour day. I'm not going to quit. I'm going to stick it out. The people i work with are just WAY to nice and accomidating. AND i'm getting a heafty pay check! (well,  heafty for me anyways)

I just started a job too after a long period of unemployment, much longer than yours.  I think just the stress of starting a job can be destabilizing.  I wanted to quit yesterday (my second day), not because of the job itself but because of the boss. 

I agree that you should give it some time to see how it goes.  And if not being able to survive is a concern, you can start looking for another job while still working if this doesn't work out.  That's what I plan on doing anyway.  Seems too risky to quit a job with no backup in this economy.

Congrats to both of us for sticking it out!

Archived