CrazyBoards.org

Hi there!

So today I took my first dose of Invega (3mg). So far no side effects. I do have residual akathisia from the Haldol I stopped taking yesterday (with pdocs approval of course). The goal is to get me on 6mg next week, then 9mg. I would like to read experiences on Invega. Also my pdoc has me taking it in the morning, when do you take it and can you sleep okay at night?

Thanks!

I believe that Invega is a metabolite of risperidone (Risperdal) and so the side effects should be similar. The big side effects are increased prolactin and akathisia. I didn't really get either of these, but I also preferred risperidone to Invega. It did not sedate me.

2 hours ago, jt07 said:

I believe that Invega is a metabolite of risperidone (Risperdal) and so the side effects should be similar. The big side effects are increased prolactin and akathisia. I didn't really get either of these, but I also preferred risperidone to Invega. It did not sedate me.

Risperdal worked for me but gave me a prolactinoma

1 hour ago, mikl_pls said:

As far as I've heard, the side effects are much milder than those of Risperdal's.

I have also heard this

29 minutes ago, Dphxa said:

I just started taking it last month.  I find it mildly sedating.  I still have to take Cogentin with it.  I tried skipping a Cogentin and got like instant akathisia.   Risperdal tends to give me very bad akathisia but Invega not so much.  Overall it is a good experience.  Although I am now experiencing some breakthroughs.

What dose did you start out taking and what dose do you take now?