CrazyBoards.org

I'm male, mid-30's, currently unemployed, and overall not good for much. I was diagnosed with major depression nearly 20 years ago, and with OCD a couple of years after that. The latter has been in remission for a long time now, while the former has never remitted, even briefly, although it does vary in intensity. I've also believed for a long time I likely have generalized anxiety, but never received a formal diagnosis. The help I've received from meds has been extremely limited, with only Luvox (miracle for my OCD) and Lexapro (six months of significant anxiety relief) ever having had anything but side effects. So at the moment I'm not on any, although with the failure of alternative treatments I'm reluctantly eying the meddy-go-round again, contingent on finding a new job and a pdoc who can make a convincing argument for whatever he or she wants to try. Talk therapy has, if anything, been an even more abject failure; it's highly doubtful I would ever seek out a 13th therapist under any circumstances. There are plenty of places online where I can do my bitching without having to pay for the privilege.

There's not much more to say, as I'm a bit leery of a message board exposed to guests and Google (planning to stick mostly to blogging), and two decades of unceasing depression have largely devoured whatever identity I had anyway. Nowadays I mostly just read, play video games, and take walks, and those only because I have to do something to pass the time. Just hoping I can get some things off my chest from time to time at a place where people will get where I'm coming from, and that maybe I can provide some help in return.

Thanks for having me.

Hi and welcome to CB! You sound a lot like me. I was diagnosed in my teens with MDD (but I was also diagnosed with anxiety) and later OCD.

I never worry about posting because all identifying information is kept very private and we are all anonymous here. Despite your fears, I'm glad that you decided to join us. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me or any other staff member.