CrazyBoards.org

I'm currently diagnosed as bipolar 1. Today I was talking with my mom about a barn I had behind my house as a kid and I said that I loved playing in there even though there was a sink that had eyes in it in the barn. On thinking about it I clearly remember the sink sometime having one or several eyes in it at various times like for real freshly scooped out of a skull eyes. Like I know there's no way that was a real thing but I really very vividly remember it. That's not the only place I had that problem either. At school around the playground there were a lot of trees and there was one that got cut down and there was sometimes an eyeball sitting on the stump. Like I'd bring my friends over to see and they'd be like there's nothing there maybe you're crazy and eventually I started ignoring it. They were always brown or hazel eyes. It all started around 7 years old. There's other visual hallucinations and such from when I was little but the removed eyes were most common. Anyone else experience anything like this? I'd never really realized before that I'd been seeing things that weren't real. I should mention that I was actually terrified by the eyes I'd avoid the barn for a day or two after I'd see them.

One thing that happened to me that I remember was when I was in 10th grade.  I had stayed up all night trying on clothes because I couldn't decide what to wear.  And I had looked up and saw bugs/gnats all over the ceiling.  I was trying to kill them so it left a mark on the ceiling, because I wanted to know if they were really there or not.  I ended up dozing off for an hour our or so, and when I woke up they were gone.  There was one smear from a gnat, but that was it ... not a whole ceiling filled with them.

Another thing was when my parents had gone out for an hour and I asked if we could be home without a babysitter.  (I was in 2nd grade, my sister in kindergarten).  They said yes, that they'd be gone for an hour then coming back.  So they left us there. At one point soon after I started freaking out and crying uncontrollably because I "heard" and "saw" bees around me.  My sister said she didn't hear anything and was calm, cool, and collected.  We both ran down to the neighbors.  It totally freaked me out. 

I've heard tones (like sine waves) since I was a small child. Nobody knows what the heck they are. Regular auditory hallucinations (outside of the head hallucinations, exclusively voices) started in my early 30s. I started having inside the head and outside the head hallucinations in my early 40s, along with command hallucinations. And now I have visual and tactile hallucinations too. When I was younger, I only had delusions (starting at age 20). My psychosis is now categorized as quite severe, although I can thankfully manage it with my medication. But it takes a while to kick in, and it can be quite terrifying before the psychosis goes bye-bye.

5 hours ago, SmokedNeptune said:

I also had like an extreme paranoia that people were watching me on cameras.

This didn't happen as a child, but FWIW I can empathize in the sense that it has happened to me also.  I still have that paranoia, but it isn't as severe as it used to be.

IIRC my blotchy low light hallucinations began sometime when I was a child and have continued, on an on-and-off basis since then. They started early enough that I discounted them as a MI symptom, but my pdoc thinks otherwise. (I even thought they may be perfectly normal and that everyone got them, even though from talking around apparently they are not.)

On 2/18/2017 at 7:37 PM, SmokedNeptune said:

I also had like an extreme paranoia that people were watching me on cameras.

I never had hallucinations (that I know of at least) in childhood, but I used to think that everything I thought was projected above me and that people could read or see it.