CrazyBoards.org

How to beat Seroquel sedation?

What time are you going to bed, and getting up in the morning? My bet is that it's the 500mg evening dose that's hitting you, and the later you take it, the harder you're going to find it to get moving the next day. 

I typically take my full dose no later than around 5pm, and get up at 6:30am for work.  I'm on other sedating meds which I take at night too, but I find that a large mug of coffee will get me going.  Is there a particular reason why you are taking the XR this way?

7 hours ago, Wooster said:

How did your doctor prescribe it?

The sedation does get better with time, but it takes up to several months for your body to adjust to it.

I've been on it for a few years now.

Saw doctor yesterday and said maybe taking the Immediate release at night might help?

12 hours ago, madmax15 said:

Because I feel VERY uncomfortable taking 900mg in one hit before bedtime

I take all of my 800mg of Seroquel XR at night, 12 hours before I have to get up the following morning.

Because it is the extended release formulation it is designed to be taken once a day.

Evening/night time is best due to possible sedation.

10 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

I've been on it for a few years now.

Saw doctor yesterday and said maybe taking the Immediate release at night might help?

Everybody is different but I found the immediate release MUCH more sedating than the XR