CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
BackOnTop

I'm so sad and I miss chat

I'm really sad. I miss chat. It was so much easier to talk to people at any time. Forums are nice and all but chat was like talking to real people. Forums feels like I'm sending a letter to someone across the country. I want my support back.

It sucks that chat isn't here right now. 

Some people were being asshats in a way that was a) not providing peer support in the way it needed to and b) eating up too much moderator bandwidth.

We are looking into ways of bringing chat back. 

• Like 1

I been gone for a long time. I see chat is gone. It's sad, I coulda used some chat with u derstanding souls. But I can imagine why they pulled it:/

Didn't realize this is an old thread.

Edited by jt07

Not that old.

I too hope they bring the chat feature back...Helps me in my loneliest of times...

@BrianOCD I hope so too. I hope we can have a chat space that feels a bit safer and more positive than we had during the  last few months of chat's existence as well. :(

Edited by heilmania
Typo!

I miss it, too. I was gone for a long time as well, and loved chat. And could use it myself right about now. A pox on the asshats that made it necessary to take it down...

• Like 1

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I am so sad too, and miss chat. I feel so awful. I am really struggling again. Seems like that goes in cycles. I miss chat. But I understand why they pulled it for now.

Yeah. I miss having a safe, welcoming space to chat too. I understand why it was taken down but having that support was nice. The forums are great but the support is different.

I liked it too.  It sucks that you guys ruined it. We will have a new chat but most old chat users will not be welcome. 

• Like 1

Rather than saying that most users won't be welcomed back, a fairer way to put it might be that the rules will be different, and the behaviors that led to closing chat in the first place will not be tolerated At. All. We know that symptomatic people are symptomatic, but assholes are assholes, and abusive members are going to find themselves banned with much greater dispatch. 

• Like 3