CrazyBoards.org

Latuda and jaw clenching

So I can't remember if I've been clenching my jaw non-stop since I stopped the latuda last year but I do remember that for a good chunk last year I was clenching my jaw a lot. 

I stopped latuda in the late summer and recently started again. It's been 2 weeks and I've noticed constant jaw clenching. The thing I can't remember if I was clenching my jaw a lot 3 weeks ago. I can't remember if I was clenching my jaw non-stop in the winter.

Did you guys have constant jaw clenching on latuda?

According to amazon I ordered a mouth guard in the early summer after getting tired of clenching my jaw. I was on latuda at the time. I have jaw problems to begin with so they were getting worse with jaw clenching. 

Edited by iaawal

On 2/24/2017 at 8:56 PM, Dphxa said:

I've never taken Latitude, but on Paxil I had serious jaw clenching issues.  I am wondering if maybe the two together might be causing the jaw clenching or maybe just the paroxetine by itself.

Maybe, I'll tell pdoc in our next appointment. I'm trying jaw relaxation techniques though. 

On 2/24/2017 at 10:38 PM, jt07 said:

A lot of serotonergic and dopaminergic drugs cause jaw clenching. I get it from Celexa, Ritalin, and possibly from Abilify. I have found nothing that helps it except mouth guards.

I should clean my mouth guard! eww I hate mouth guards lol. 

On 2/25/2017 at 3:39 PM, jordansonfleek said:

Never happened to me, even when I was on 80mg. But everyone reacts differently to drugs!

Yup everyone reacts differently. Hasn't been too bad today. 

On 2/26/2017 at 11:41 PM, Dphxa said:

Believe me though, if you are on Paxil and it is working for you, DO NOT try getting off of it.  I suffered over a year of hell when I ran out of my Paxil and it was 10 years before another SSRI/SNRI worked as well.

I think it's working for me so duly noted!!

• Like 1