CrazyBoards.org

I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the schizophrenia subform :( .

I'm diagnosed with both Schizoaffective Disorder and OCD. I've had a bunch of events lately remind me of my Sz diagnosis and the previous psychotic episodes that I've experienced. This seems to have kicked off the "obsessional" part of my OCD and I cannot stop thinking about them and the fact that I could relapse and lose my job at any point. I've also started to have paranoid thoughts about people injecting things into my mind, the existence of cameras watching me, and people at work being spies. I also heard a voice yelling "fuck" yesterday that didn't seem to be coming from anyone around me, and have been hearing random phrases voiced by people I know internally. These thoughts seem real and are overwhelming and seem to come in waves. I cannot tell whether this is from the OCD or if the OCD is triggering my Sz and producing breakthrough symptoms.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? 

I spoke with my psychiatrist today about it and she didn't point to anything, but said there's a tight coupling between the two, and I can't help but think whether or not all of the paranoid thoughts and experiences I've ever had are the machination of my OCD, and that I don't indeed have Sza.

Edited by Swamp56

@Swamp56, I have extreme OCD, but I'm fully aware that all my obsessive thoughts and compulsions are coming from me........I'm also fully aware that my obsessions and compulsions are completely irrational, but yet I have them.

I'm certainly not a pdoc, but it would seem to me that hearing a voice yelling something, that didn't seem to be coming from anyone, could be a symptom of SZA.........Also, hearing random phrases internally, that are voiced by other people, could be a symptom of SZA, too.

However, some of the obsessive and paranoid thoughts might be the OCD talking......I have paranoid tendencies about certain things due to my OCD.

IMO, all the things you described seem to be a mixture of OCD and SZA........The two are closely linked, as your pdoc said......If you don't think you really have SZA, you could always seek an evaluation from another pdoc.

All this is just my opinion, though.....I have a lot of experience with OCD, but have never been diagnosed with SZA.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

12 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

@Swamp56, I have extreme OCD, but I'm fully aware that all my obsessive thoughts and compulsions are coming from me........I'm also fully aware that my obsessions and compulsions are completely irrational, but yet I have them.

I'm certainly not a pdoc, but it would seem to me that hearing a voice yelling something, that didn't seem to be coming from anyone, could be a symptom of SZA.........Also, hearing random phrases internally, that are voiced by other people, could be a symptom of SZA, too.

However, some of the obsessive and paranoid thoughts might be the OCD talking......I have paranoid tendencies about certain things due to my OCD.

IMO, all the things you described seem to be a mixture of OCD and SZA........The two are closely linked, as your pdoc said......If you don't think you really have SZA, you could always seek an evaluation from another pdoc.

All this is just my opinion, though.....I have a lot of experience with OCD, but have never been diagnosed with SZA.

I saw my tdoc today and she came to the same conclusion that you came to. I see my pdoc tomorrow, so hopefully we can re-arrange meds so that this goes away.

6 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Yes, you probably need a med adjustment.....Glad you got to see your tdoc, too....

Hope all goes well with your pdoc....!!....:)

Thanks! I saw him today and he said he thought the paranoia is from the Sza and he's adjusting my Seroquel.

• Like 1