CrazyBoards.org

Does the sedation from your AAP or AP cause you to heave a slow heavy heart rate? 

I jumped up in bed last night screaming because I really think my heart might have stopped. I had a VERY slow pulse. Usually the sedation wears off after a few hours but in the middle of the night when I jumped up I felt like I was on my death bed because I was so sedated...

Today my chest feels somewhat heavy with a normal pulse.

Any idea of what this is? Is this common with sedating medications. 

4 hours ago, Butterflykisses said:

Does the sedation from your AAP or AP cause you to heave a slow heavy heart rate? 

I jumped up in bed last night screaming because I really think my heart might have stopped. I had a VERY slow pulse. Usually the sedation wears off after a few hours but in the middle of the night when I jumped up I felt like I was on my death bed because I was so sedated...

Today my chest feels somewhat heavy with a normal pulse.

Any idea of what this is? Is this common with sedating medications. 

Not sure, but if a person is sedated too much, it can sometimes cause respiratory depression.

Did you have a med increase or a new med added?  Your sig says you are titrating up on clozapine ... did your dose just increase?

This same thing happened to me when I took codeine.  IME I wake up with a low pulse and very shallow respirations.  As I am waking up I notice it and bolt up in bed because it felt to me like I was about to stop breathing.  I only tried the codeine twice.  After that I stopped.

I remember thinking that thank God I didn't take any other med/s with the codeine ie, muscle relaxers, xanax ... stuff like that.

Some advice is IME to always sleep on a thick, or 2 regular pillows to keep your head elevated.  I was glad I happened to do it in the first case.

I hope you are able to figure this all out.  From what you write, it sounds to me that you were too sedated.

Edited by melissaw72

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Not sure, but if a person is sedated too much, it can sometimes cause respiratory depression.

Did you have a med increase or a new med added?  Your sig says you are titrating up on clozapine ... did your dose just increase?

This same thing happened to me when I took codeine.  IME I wake up with a low pulse and very shallow respirations.  As I am waking up I notice it and bolt up in bed because it felt to me like I was about to stop breathing.  I only tried the codeine twice.  After that I stopped.

I remember thinking that thank God I didn't take any other med/s with the codeine ie, muscle relaxers, xanax ... stuff like that.

Some advice is IME to always sleep on a thick, or 2 regular pillows to keep your head elevated.  I was glad I happened to do it in the first case.

I hope you are able to figure this all out.  From what you write, it sounds to me that you were too sedated.

I ended up going to the ER. My blood pressure was pretty low. However, they told me not to worry and continue on all my medications...

I just increased my Clozapine this morning, so it was the previous dose last night. I am wondering if the Clozapine is starting to kick in. I have also heard it can increase the sedation caused by other meds (seroquel). 

It could have just been a fluke. At least thats what I am hoping for.