CrazyBoards.org

:embarassed: So I have been ill for the past few weeks. :ninja: It was REALLY bad, then I ate a bunch of rice and crackers and it got better, but still isn't 100% away.  I am scared to go to the doc because I DON'T WANT TO POOP IN A CUP  :) and I am afraid that if nothing is wrong with me they will make me go off cymbalta!!  My doc says that the poops may be a side effect, I really hope not because I HATE DROPPING MEDS THAT ARE WORKING! ;)   :P   :ninja:   :angry:   :D And I finally feel semi-sane, and dammit, I want to stay this way. 

Anyone get the poops with cymbalta?

Dear Gwen:

I've heard of people being constipated on Cymbalta, but this...?? 

Is it possible that you had some kind of virus or other bug that would give you diarrhea?  You weren't on an antibiotic, right?  One of them (can't remember which one) gives me the "trots" when I take it.  This time of year it seems like all of my friends have flu and stomach viruses and pneumonia and god knows what else.

Keep eating rice--you might try cheese if you're not a vegan, and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.  (Not fruit juice or soda.)

And unless you are still VERY ill, ask the doc for more time.  It is a shame to give up a med that's working for you.

olga

Anyone get the poops with cymbalta?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish! I would defer to the pharmogeeks, or check Cymbalta's web site, but like Olga said, most of have to worry about the opposite problemo. I have vowed to curb my TMI, but pooping more would make me less cranky, I'm sure!

Keep us posted! Maybe you just have a persistent bug...or ibs or something. Yeah, stool (where do they come up with these words?) samples are not fun.

The wonderful human body!

Hope you get better and get to keep you Cymbalta. I would rather poop all day then give mine up. Damn it...TMI!

s9

Archived