CrazyBoards.org

I was only ten when I started using drugs. My parents were drug addicts, and they had no seriousness in life. They did not have time to look after me. I was in depression during my teenage days. I started abusing myself and using drugs. I left my home last week. I am now living with my aunt. I was surprised to realize that such innocent and caring people do exist. She took me to a church. I was inspired by the priest's message. He asked me to stop taking drugs. He told that the treatment over there is really effective. Is it possible to stop this addiction? I was using it for more than ten years. Is it possible to stop using it all of a sudden?

Yes, it is very possible. It's hard at first, but there are a lot of success stories. A treatment program will show you how to do it. You will meet people there who have been using hard drugs for decades. After treatment, you can go to NA meetings to keep you on the right path. It's nice to be around other addicts who know what you're going through. Good luck.

Yes it is very possible.  First you need to understand that while your home life has impacted you greatly it is not the cause of your addiction.  It took me a long time to realize this for myself but the longer you associate the two is the longer you stay stuck, trust me.  Those from perfectly stable environments also become addicted.  For people like us, we need adequate addiction treatment and also concurrent trauma-type therapeutic therapy as it is traumatic to experience that growing up but it's separate from our addiction

take it as you will but what's gotten me the most clean time I've ever had in 10 years is a 12 step program.  Feel free to message me if you want to know about it, just need to talk, or for any reason at all id be happy to chat