Whole hot topic

Guest FrannyNZooey

So it seems that, along with dogs, cats, trees, and rocks, Breeze can also communicate with Martians!

I, however, took French in high school instead of Martian, so I was a bit lost.  Aly, I hope you feel better soon.  Sending lots of cookies and love.

~CS ;)

FrannyNZooey:

I took what you wrote to be about a very nasty comment someone had made on another thread toward Libby and her dogs, right? And that you were saying it was totally uncalled for?

I couldn't agree more.

Take care, Aly...

revlow

Guest FrannyNZooey

FrannyNZooey:

I took what you wrote to be about a very nasty comment someone had made on another thread toward Libby and her dogs, right? And that you were saying it was totally uncalled for?

I couldn't agree more.

Take care, Aly...

revlow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes That was what I meant, thank you for explaining.

For some reason thought posted on Libby's.

I did earlier explain why i feel this happened to me and am so thankful to mods that pm to make sure ok, and others, thank you again.

And for understanding how i felt about this, and how it just was in my feelings for so long, and felt badly was not around to speak out when first posted, I am sorry Libby.

I feel your dogs are adorable, and they are your loves as my children are mine.

I also do agree with Cerebus as had written on that thread, and mine, we all are people that make mistakes, but we do need to owe up to them.

That is part of being a community, society, and a support system.

Please always call me out if I do same I am far from infalliable as shown sure many times.

I too took French in HS after years of Spanish in grade school and Junior high, so by college had my share.

Explanation of my writing and talking on my thread also it is kind of bizarre :embarassed:

Love, Aly

PS CS I found it! If someone could send her link I know she was concern.

I stink at that stuff now especially.

I agree. The comment regarding Libby's Dog was below the belt and had "NOTHING" to do with what was being Said.  It really pissed me off because that person is the *last* one to say something bad about someone.

The person who insulted libby should look in her own backyard and see the crap she has there before insulting someone else.

*um.....er.......Yes, CNS is a hottie. (sorry just had to put that in)

i'm not trying to harsh the mellow here, but i would like to step in briefly to clarify the situation for those who may not have been around to read as events unfolded. it is unfortunate that feelings were hurt, but it has long been abundantly clear that this forum is not a tiptoe-round-the-eggshells sort of joint. the situation which led to the offending statement is greatly complicated by deletions and edits of posts in maddy's thread preceeding that particular statement. as such, the statement mimi made is now pretty grossly out of context.  if the posts leading up to The OMG No You Di'int Statement were still around, it would be much clearer to see that mimi was simply trying to defend maddy - as any friend would come to the defence of a friend. around here, snark is our weapon of choice, and mimi wields it well. fluffy bunny hugs have their place, but to be honest, libby, you were being kind of a yatch. it's okay. we're all yatches sometimes. the fitting response to yatchitude on these boards, whether an accidental or an intentional incident of yatchitude, is a good snarking. if the snark seems out of line - whether that snark comes from a member or a moderator - the handy dandy Report This Post button is available at all times. a lot of this could have been handled through PM, and the process would likely have been much less painful for all parties. also, we wouldn't have needed to celebrate CrazyBoards Internet DramaTacular '06 over what should have been a private matter.

so, yeah. to sum up: everyone on these here intarnets has the god-given right to be as big an asshole as they want. this is the Magic Of Teh Intarnets. being an asshole is the great equaliser. if your feelings get hurt, report the post. let someone know. the situation will be evaluated and, if it is found to be necessary, your friendly neighbourhood Moderating HiveMind will dispatch an even bigger asshole to rectify (ah, no pun intended) the matter post-haste.

we now resume our fluffy bunny hugfest, already in progress.

Guest FrannyNZooey

bunny2muppet.JPG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is a true bunny Hug, and what an adorable bunny.

As to prior post I was trying to also acknowledge the very fact said we All are people that means MODS too. And why I loved Cerebus's post he was also kindly tyring to explain to all of us why we all are here.

So yes we need to take those deep breaths if can count to 10, if not, post to mod, and always a sorry really works especially when we know we did hit below belt, know matter what led up to it.

Like said I know I have in life been pushed, hit below belt to get back, it never made me feel better,in fact million times worse, but the sorry did, and just makes life go on so much easier. I know that is me and,just my thought, no one has to agree, but maybe could try it next time?

Never know till try, if one way isn't working, maybe time to try another.

I love that you all are so supportive here, and not turning this into something negative, but hopefully positive.  I feel really good about it.

Love, Aly

Guest FrannyNZooey

Thank you all for all the pictures, Maddy your pic was adorable, and Cerebus the sight was quite a sight!

I also loved the rainbow piggy, and Latin Girl no offense at all, and we so need to talk about latest Project Runway, I love all that advangarte window display art.

VE, if you find road kill beautiful art, please just not bunny or deers, dogs, but heck big ole groundhog heard can make some good cookins, too.

Take Care, Out of here.

Love, Aly

soba3.jpg

Oops, someone notified me that the image wasn't showing for them.

If you can't see the bunny its at Oolong the Bunny

Gar. Technology.  Yay. Bunnies!

Oolong!!!

The Bunny with PANCAKE!!!  ;) (and other items on his head)

(I use oolong as one of my LJ icons cuz I'm dorky like that)

geppei.JPG

the english intro to the guys site makes me sad.  (and so does the fact that oolong has passed, sniff.)

Some visitors have written me e-mails, accusing me of

being cruel to my rabbit and that I am abusing my pet. This was never my

intention when I included numerous links to photographs, showing Oolong's

unique ability to hold objects on his head. This is not a site to mock

rabbits, or demonstrate animal abuse. I'm sure you understand it if you see

whole my site.

Oolong is so calm and patient -- he never gets angry when I take pictures of

him. When I put various objects on his head, he stays still for a minute.

This is just a result of an intimate relationship between me and Oolong.

The main theme of my site is not to show these 'headperformance' links,

and it's not my hope to propagandize nothing but the strangeness of his

headperformance over the world. Oolong's headperformance-- many foreigners

seem to feel it 'crazy', but Japanese people feel it just cute and funny.

It is the difference of international feeling.

he just loves his wabbit!

Go look at more Oolong... it makes the brain happy!

i'm not trying to harsh the mellow here, but i would like to step in briefly to clarify the situation for those who may not have been around to read as events unfolded. it is unfortunate that feelings were hurt, but it has long been abundantly clear that this forum is not a tiptoe-round-the-eggshells sort of joint. the situation which led to the offending statement is greatly complicated by deletions and edits of posts in maddy's thread preceeding that particular statement. as such, the statement mimi made is now pretty grossly out of context.  if the posts leading up to The OMG No You Di'int Statement were still around, it would be much clearer to see that mimi was simply trying to defend maddy - as any friend would come to the defence of a friend. around here, snark is our weapon of choice, and mimi wields it well.
Clarification?  Complete and utter rationalization and falsehood.  I know what I wrote.  I deleted all of my posts because I felt too goddamned vulnerable after being attacked, NOT to hide some horrid behavior on my part.  For the quadrillionth time, what I said was:

1. Maddy, we are your friends and we like you even if we disagree with something you did (changing words in posts).

2. Maddy's next post was a long rant about how everybody hates her, even though I had tried to assure her that that was not the case.

3. I then said, the point of my post was missed.  Not the first time, nor the last.

4. Breeze jumped in, accusing me of causing trouble.  I told her she was creating drama whre there was none to begin with.

5. Mimi told me to "quit whoring myself for attention and go yap at my taco dogs."

6. I said that was wholly inappropriate and abusive.

7. Mods piled on defending Mimi's words.  Maddy also defends Mimi's words.

fluffy bunny hugs have their place, but to be honest, libby, you were being kind of a yatch. it's okay. we're all yatches sometimes. the fitting response to yatchitude on these boards, whether an accidental or an intentional incident of yatchitude, is a good snarking. if the snark seems out of line - whether that snark comes from a member or a moderator - the handy dandy Report This Post button is available at all times. a lot of this could have been handled through PM, and the process would likely have been much less painful for all parties. also, we wouldn't have needed to celebrate CrazyBoards Internet DramaTacular '06 over what should have been a private matter.
This PM business is bullshit.  Numerous mods were right in the middle of it, including you, Halation.  Are you really that dense?  This is just a rationalized deflection of responsibility.  Nothing is ever a mod's fault.  No, no, they are quite God-like.  Perfect and holy.

so, yeah. to sum up: everyone on these here intarnets has the god-given right to be as big an asshole as they want. this is the Magic Of Teh Intarnets. being an asshole is the great equaliser. if your feelings get hurt, report the post. let someone know. the situation will be evaluated and, if it is found to be necessary, your friendly neighbourhood Moderating HiveMind will dispatch an even bigger asshole to rectify (ah, no pun intended) the matter post-haste.

So, since "snark" is the approved method of communication here, let me practice:  I hope Mimi crawls back into her roach-infested pile of garbage where she lives with Mommy and Daddy because she can't handle the real world like an adult.

I hope the "Who, me?" mods pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that their egocentric manipulations to absolve themselves from any responsibility are not facts and are not the truth, but since we are dealing with personality disorders here, I doubt they are capable of changing that.  Many of the mods around here create chaos, throw gasoline on the fire, and generally thrive on mayhem.  And on having the last word, which I am certain they will do here.  These mods should be relieved of their duties, or at the very least trained in keeping the peace instead of throwing grenades into the fray.

As it is, CB appears to exist, not for the purpose of supporting members, but for the mods to stroke their own egos, pat each other on the back, and to entertain themselves with inflammatory insults toward members.

Hopefully, Halation and other mods, this post follows all the rules of "snark" and "not walking on eggshells," which you vigorously encourage and defend.

Edited for formatting, Halation.  Not for nefarious purposes.

For the quadrillionth time, what I said was:

1. Maddy, we are your friends and we like you even if we disagree with something you did (changing words in posts).

2. Maddy's next post was a long rant about how everybody hates her, even though I had tried to assure her that that was not the case.

3. I then said, the point of my post was missed.

This seems to be removed every time I try it as a seperate thread:

Crazy Boards should have a Black Box Warning that there are no moderaters here. 

Look and see.  The vast majority are either children or unfortunates whose mental diseases dominate their lives.  Some are addicts in recovery (or clearly not) Some have their disease as their profession and who by almost every standard failed in life so far. They haven

In many respects, Bobby's post is quite correct.  CrazyBoards was begun by mentally interesting founders and remains all-crazy-all-the-time with a staff of moderators who are 100% as loony as any other member, and are at pains to disclose that fact.  The difference is, Bobby seems to think that this should not be so.  Sorry.  That's the way it is.  You are under no obligation whatsoever to continue visiting or posting.  CrazyBoards isn't going to change its stripes.

In other respects, Bobby is incorrect.  All of the moderators have significant life experience; that's one of the reasons they were selected.  Unless Bobby has a dossier on each and every moderator, he is evidently drawing upon his creativity to produce criticism.

The vast majority are either children or unfortunates whose mental diseases dominate their lives.  Some are addicts in recovery (or clearly not) Some have their disease as their profession and who by almost every standard failed in life so far. They haven

I challenge anyone to demonstrate how his post is reflective of a sense of "love and caring", or indeed, any compassion whatsoever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah but here's the rub: many moderator's posts are just as devoid of "love and caring", or indeed, any compassion whatsoever." But your's carry power I don't have.  You try to hide in the crowd and because you are like us defend youselves by saying that all words against you are against all.  Not true.  My post was meant for moderators alone.

I do bid you peace and love and those who know me here know that's the truth.  I remain here to give you or anyone what peace and love I have to give.

-Bobby 

I challenge anyone to demonstrate how his post is reflective of a sense of "love and caring", or indeed, any compassion whatsoever.

Ah but here's the rub: many moderator's posts are just as devoid of "love and caring", or indeed, any compassion whatsoever." But your's carry power I don't have.  You try to hide in the crowd and because you are like us defend youselves by saying that all words against you are against all.  Not true.  My post was meant for moderators alone.

I do bid you peace and love and those who know me here know that's the truth.  I remain here to give you or anyone what peace and love I have to give.

-Bobby

Cerberus is a moderator.  He was recently given admin access so that he could have access to the skins of the board.  (He is responsible for the lovely icon up there at the top and the font... cool huh?)  But, he is not actually now nor ever has been "admin." 

the administrative team members are maddy, velvet elvis and navy surya.

i'm happy to know that you don't have a problem with the admin team or cerberus, i'm rather fond of them as well. 

penny

(who is just responding for clarification, has no intention of sounding in on this issue, liked the fluffy bunnies, doesn't do emotional confrontation too well, will argue about politics, etc. if interested,  is considering calling her friend who's into astrology and asking her if mars is in caka or something.)

(edited for a typo)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah but here's the rub: many moderator's posts are just as devoid of "love and caring", or indeed, any compassion whatsoever." But your's carry power I don't have.

Nobody even mentions me being mean anymore... guess I've just gotten lazy.

I need to get out and post more.

I mean, hell, now I've got people complementing me on my looks!  How... wrong... is THAT?  (btw, if only you could see me now with like 10 days of stubble and hair sticking straight up...)

And...

Don't forget Cats in Sinks -- hundreds of pictures of various cats, well, in sinks. Careful, once you start you'll have trouble NOT clicking on the "see next cat" button!

Oh Lord... I should start a website... hell, last night one of the kittens (well, *old* kitten, but still...) jumped in the toilet after my fiancee finished using it.  This is NOT the first time for that sort of thing, either...

Guest FrannyNZooey

Ditto December,

example lying for me take my ex, I mean really please take him :P That would have solved a million pre and zillion post marital problems.

But now as always let me get back on topic, you know age of my hubby now I shared later to close confidants, he is 12 years younger than me, and so much more mature than the ex, and yes so got to admit than me.

He has been oh God everything for me, or I too do not know where i would be, probably in a cell, of which kind I do not know, but honestly how things were starting out right there with the ex, not seeing my children him locking me out, it would have been jail cell, for I was taken away in cuffs more than once, and other things came to me before seeing I needed help, therapy, which went for on own, not on any court cop thing, they would have so left me rot, and laughed right along at it.

Believe me, they had fun cuffing me, putting me in cell, waiting and waiting denying me my call.

Coming back asking rude smartass questions, "like isn't your dad a cop, weren't you going to be one top of class, so tell me what happened?

I said, "life you fucking asshole"

Of course got me no brownie points, since that is part only ever told, funny how life works that way.

So, yes their are hell of alot better, mature people here than so many out there.

God i am crying again, that all was so terrifying as I am sure you all have yours.

So, please let us stop beating each other up

We have cops for that :)

Love, Aly

PS 40 here myself July 2nd, and hubby turns 29 this February 13th!

Hi All,

I found Bobby's post to be quite jugemental. and im not even a mod!!!

He wrote:

The knowledge here comes from amateurs and sometimes posers.  This is a place where the resident expert can be a child whose only life experience has been tumbling.  Count the number who are still in school or have not yet left their parents care. The amount of life experience and learning is often minimal at best.

1. this is a cheap shot at kassiane - who cant defend herself here.

2. *I* live with my parents and you want to know why: Im a fucked up mess of adultery, bankruptcy, extortion lawsuits, divorce, unemployed and not capable of working, miscarriages, and suicide plans. and I would love to talk about these in great detail if anyone cares. Plus, I cut this list short. and if it weren't for my parents - I'd probably be dead.

3. I wish I could go back to school. I think it would be neat to get a MFA in creative writing or painting. But my head & MI are not in the right place for me to handle the stress.

and Im 31.

It seems like Bobby is wanting this site to be run by 50 year olds for 50 year olds. When age has NOTHING to do with how much information someone knows. And age has nothing to do with maturity. I have found more maturity in some of the members/mods in their early 20's than those older than 50.

december  ;)

edited for grammar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrannyNZooey

Sorry you now got the cute curse you really have to get down and dirty to break it. ;)

Aly

Nobody even mentions me being mean anymore... guess I've just gotten lazy.

I need to get out and post more.

I mean, hell, now I've got people complementing me on my looks!  How... wrong... is THAT?  (btw, if only you could see me now with like 10 days of stubble and hair sticking straight up...)

And...

Don't forget Cats in Sinks -- hundreds of pictures of various cats, well, in sinks. Careful, once you start you'll have trouble NOT clicking on the "see next cat" button!

Oh Lord... I should start a website... hell, last night one of the kittens (well, *old* kitten, but still...) jumped in the toilet after my fiancee finished using it.  This is NOT the first time for that sort of thing, either...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A mental disease doesn't make one a sinner but neither does it make you a saint.  It gives you some knowledge but it does not necessarily give you the truth.  Love and caring can be found here like in anyplace. But also like anyplace there is nastiness and hate.
  Irony can be pretty ironic, eh? We should all keep these true words in mind while pondering this thread.

Crazy Boards should have a Black Box Warning that there are no moderaters here.

Look and see.  The vast majority are either children or unfortunates whose mental diseases dominate their lives.  Some are addicts in recovery (or clearly not) Some have their disease as their profession and who by almost every standard failed in life so far. They haven

Bobby:

One other thing.  Some of us are forced to conceal large portions of what we do irl for fear of retribution.  The risk of having someone come after you irl because of something that happened on an online message board is all too real.

There is no way for you know what you think and claim to know.

Guest FrannyNZooey

What other kind of joke would I post?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hadn't seen it and was kind of nauseated after looking at it.  The super gluing of the kitty's butt made me clench.  eww

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry but the whole super glue thing just made me laugh so, hubby was like what?

I did not look at pics yet, but you described it beautifully !

I know big Nerd here ;)

Aly

I don't know about you, but if the mods here weren't nuts, I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about my own problems.  When I tell "normal" people I'm on AD's, they assume I'm not capable of living outside a hospital mental care unit.  Well, here I am, my DX and RX are listed below.  I also have a BM (bachelor of music) in voice performance and I'm working on my MM (master of music) in the same field.  And I would be lost without this place and the wonderful crazies who run it.  Bobby, do you want to rethink that post?

I should note that, as a nutjob mod, I do my damndest to help out everyone I can, specifically on *my* boards, but also where ever else I come across.  As has been said, the whole point of this place is a peer-to-peer support thing, with info sharing, griping, and info exchange.

I think it's working remarkably well.  I'm happy here.

Now, if someone has a problem with humans being human, and crazy humans being crazy, then IMO, they need to stick with the pros and not with the nutsos.

I've worn my MI as a badge, yes; not of honor nor of shame, just simply "I AM MI and i don't care WHAT you think."  this was true in rehab, it is true of my family, and I can only pray it will be true once I am employed.

For the record, I am starting with a 9 week MI "peer-to-peer education course" put on by NAMI, not because i think I need it (though my parents do) but because one can never know too much about their illness.  AND so I can share any knowledge gained.

As a member, but also as a mod, I feel that whatever I can share with those that stumble across my meager words, has some value.  I hope, constantly, that others may learn from me rather than from hard experience.

--CNS, mod, substance abuser, mooching off parents, and about to be homeless.  Oh yeah, and with a B.A. in business Administration.  See, I CAN do something useful!

Moda ARE members first.  We hope to get the same help that others get when we bring up whatever problem; we want to help in whatever way we can with our responses.  Welike to joke around where we can.  Same as anyone.

I mean, if you slice us with a razor (or, in my case, broken glass), do we not bleed the same red?

Mods are different from members, really, only in that we have, yes, power.  Does this make us Godlike?  While, it could, but there are checks and balances, i.e., the other mods.  Mod powers are a duty, not some perk or reward or what-have-you.  I, at least, picked up this "mod" title knowing it would mean extra work, but also in the hope that I could be more help to those that need it.  In whatever capacity.  I hope I am.

Do mods tend to jump in a topic where another mod gets bashed?  Well, sure, not always, but quite often.  Why not?  Friends defend friends; not only mods, but other members.  You come to the defense of those you care about, Doesn't matter if you're in some damn "clique"; you do it because, well, you feel it's right.

We need not keep silent because some think there is a "mod squad" that will come down on their heads.  If that were so, half this damn thread would be every mod weighing in.  And, as per the opinion of many, ripping the shit out of some poor poster.

But this is NOT the case.  An individual mod may, yes, rip shit, but that is their own purview, as it is any member's.  We'll not be censored just because a portion og the membership thinks there is an assimilation process that happens once a mod is absorbed into the Overmind.  We are, as always, are own free spirits.

At any rate--I AM a mod.  I am ALSO a member.  I try to give help, and sometimes I wish to receive it.  If somebody decide to ascribe more to my words than what I wrote, then so be it.  I may or may not choose to take offence; i may or may not respond.  Such is MY choice, as much as it is the reader's choice what meaning or weight they give to my words.

We're all fucked up; as for me, I do my damndest to give the benefit of the doubt.

mods DO have authority.  see both Cerberus and CNS.

my problem is some of them use it somewhat capriciously, defending friends and ripping into members, saying what they want and justifying it both by claiming 'we're mods' and 'we make mistakes' yet when if a mod doesn't like what a member says,  wham! the member gets shut down and if that gets questioned, then it's 'we're mods, and we're right'.  either way, members are discouraged from criticizing mods. (previous thread was shut down, as an example)

double standard.  they're allowed to be wrong when it suits them but are always right when it comes to us.  i don't buy it.

they do have power and some of them don't use it well.

i know one of the members involved was way out of line.  i know she needed to be reined in.  but the way a mod chose to do it was a way that is FORBIDDEN from members (they have been banned, threads shut down, etc) yet when a mod did it, no other mods spoke up.  in fact, they defended the mod in question, claiming it was necessary under the circumstances and that i just need to understand we don't walk on eggshells, blah blah.  double standard.  members can't say the things some mods say, because they are silenced by a mod.  yet a mod said something nasty, and was applauded.

if they can edit my threads, ban me, close threads on me, they have an implied power due to the authority of the positions.  yes, they do have power, and they use it unevenly. 

IMHO, we act as mods when we do something users can't do.  Removing posts, banning users, etc.  Anything else is in your heads, not ours and isn't a matter of our concern.  The number of people who have been subject to longterm bans under the current administrations can be counted on one hand btw, depending on what planet you are from and your proximity to a nuclear waste dump. 

The rest of the time we're just regular users being assholes and smart asses.

Something that hasn't been mentioned for a while is that crazyboards tries to be "safe place" for people who tend to get themselves banned from most of the other support sites out there.  I would be such a person.  Several of our mods are such people.  The rest are just asshole sympathizers or something like that. 

You'll note that the term "asshole" is given special weight in the new user agreement.  Since we're all assholes, here's how our internal deliberations go when someone steps over the line. "Damn.  Did you see what that little turd said?"  "Would you have said something like that?"  "Hell no, that's shit's just wrong."  "Who does he think he is?"

Other times it's more like:

"Well, I give him an 8/10 for asshole style but the execution just doesn't live up to the promise.  With some practice he'll be a real asshole and then we'll have to worry about him."

It takes assholes to know assholes you see.  We're just here to deal with the real assholes.  If you're not a real asshole, you don't have to worry about us doing you any harm.  We won't harm you.  We'll just act like assholes.

to clarify on reread:

kassiane and jerod aren't technically 'banned'. they have their own usergroup designation with its own special status. they can still visit, but they can't edit their posts, because they were doing Nefarious Things when they had the magical power of the edit button. sorry about that.

okay, dammit. i tried really REALLY hard to stay the hell out of this. i really did. but something i firmly believe is being stomped all over here.

mods are members. then they are mods. they are members with special priviledges and responsibilities.

Mods are respected for their knowledge and experience their words carry extra weight because of that.  Like our therapists and others who help us on our paths we listen hard when a mod speaks.  Some who need it hang on every word. At the very least we all listen to them because they are the voice of CB, a place that we all love.

you had me up to 'they are the voice of CB'. as mods and admins they are not. you and i are the voice of CB. they are the poor wretches who were asked to and accepted responsibility to help moderate activity on the boards. as members they are also the voice of CB.

That

Hear...hear G.M.

I just found a post by Susanb on her Springer pinned thread, regarding a very serious matter. Talk about trust issues! Whoever reported Susan had better be careful because payback is a bitch...life will take care of that person. I was saddened and deeply disturbed as to what happened to her. I cannot imagine a worse thing happenng to such a loving mother. That compared to all the other issues that have recently transpired between the mods and members can never compare to the the grief and pain she is enduring. Susan, if you are still around, please let me know if there is anything I can do to make you feel better, except to say  that I am sure there are tons of folks who would support you. Now I am really feeling fear as to the true safeness of being on any board. This is a travesty, and I pray that one of our members are not responsible, if they are, they do not belong here. Very sick, very very sick, and not in a MI way, but in a cruel, vindictive, mean way. To all: be very careful with your words, be very careful.

Sylvia

Hear...hear G.M.

I just found a post by Susanb on her Springer pinned thread, regarding a very serious matter. Talk about trust issues! Whoever reported Susan had better be careful because payback is a bitch...life will take care of that person. I was saddened and deeply disturbed as to what happened to her. I cannot imagine a worse thing happenng to such a loving mother. That compared to all the other issues that have recently transpired between the mods and members can never compare to the the grief and pain she is enduring. Susan, if you are still around, please let me know if there is anything I can do to make you feel better, except to say  that I am sure there are tons of folks who would support you. Now I am really feeling fear as to the true safeness of being on any board. This is a travesty, and I pray that one of our members are not responsible, if they are, they do not belong here. Very sick, very very sick, and not in a MI way, but in a cruel, vindictive, mean way. To all: be very careful with your words, be very careful.

Sylvia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

last night db made me aware of what had happened to Susanb. i was speechless. my most heartfelt sympathies are with Susanb right now.

grouse.

Guest FrannyNZooey

I did not know much of Susanb, but anyone that has been hurt has my heartfelt sympathies.

I do not like to think in terms of payback, for actually in my own life, have not seen such happen yet, or really at this point find it would even console.

But one thing I deeply believe in is karma, maybe that is being same in nicer way, but to me it means we can not control all people or things, nor should we try, but in this great Universe all shall meet their point of destiny, and oh well as Sylvia said, "payback can be a bitch"! ;)

Aly

I am sorry for having opened up a can of worms, I had posted a reply earlier but must have screwed it up, Anyway, I do not want to add any more trust vs. fear issues here, but I guess I did. I do apologize, and perhaps, it was not a CB'er at all. I do want to believe that. As a former social worker, I was always afraid that some nutjob would report me to the authorities because they didn't like what I had to say, so I guess it struck a chord with me. Again, lets hope it was not someone from here  I apologize again, because  I know we all need a place to vent.

Sylvia

PS: The mods do protect us in terms of confidentiality, but there is so much they can do. I now understand V.E.'s comment about IRL in the reply to Bobby.

i do not understand the level of animosity on the boards of late. mistakes were made. apologies were offered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand it, either, but it seems to be a cycle. I've been here for just over a year and there's a definite pattern. Seems we have a great big flame war every 2-3 months.

In fact, just a week or two ago, VE made a comment on Jemini's "Springer" thread that he thought there was a flame war going on because of all the activity on the thread at one point. My response was "we are about due for one, aren't we?"

I wonder if this is a common bulletin board pattern? This is the only BB I participate on... anyone else experienced this on other boards?

Regarding SusanB... has anyone heard anything? I'm concerned for her, too.

Sunshine, as far as I can tell each board has its own personality.

We have periodic uprisings here.  At another board I go to there's constant low-level bitching and flaming.  At yet another board there are a couple trouble-makers, but basically flaming only happens to trolls.

Messageboard sociology...

Guest FrannyNZooey

i do not understand the level of animosity on the boards of late. mistakes were made. apologies were offered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand it, either, but it seems to be a cycle. I've been here for just over a year and there's a definite pattern. Seems we have a great big flame war every 2-3 months.

In fact, just a week or two ago, VE made a comment on Jemini's "Springer" thread that he thought there was a flame war going on because of all the activity on the thread at one point. My response was "we are about due for one, aren't we?"

I wonder if this is a common bulletin board pattern? This is the only BB I participate on... anyone else experienced this on other boards?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only board I belong to also, beside last summer Oprah Summer of Faulkner, and don't think near same.

Got me thinking about the cycle, months, thing do seem to go that way in so much in life, hopefully though we learn more control from each incident.

Aly

She's holding together about as well as you'd expect considering her family is being interrogated by a government agency about her worth as a parent and it's theoretically possible that she'll be forcibly separated from her child. 

She's been around but will likely be keeping an extremely low profile for the foreseeable future.  If people send her PMs of support, she'll get them.

And yeah, she's having trust issues.  She trusted the world and got fucked.  hard.

Guest FrannyNZooey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She's holding together about as well as you'd expect considering her family is being interrogated by a government agency about her worth as a parent and it's theoretically possible that she'll be forcibly separated from her child. 

She's been around but will likely be keeping an extremely low profile for the foreseeable future.  If people send her PMs of support, she'll get them.

And yeah, she's having trust issues.  She trusted the world and got fucked.  hard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh God, I am so sorry, and Susan you will be in my thoughts, prayers.

Nothing in this whole world should keep a Mother from her children, that would be anything less than total abuse.

And in many cases that has been shown to have less healing than working with a family as a whole.

I do not mean to jump to conclusions, but I worked with an agency where children were wards of the state, No child should be that.

Children need and want their parents, siblings, families.

We need to work more at helping, keeping together, not tearing apart.

Anyway I do not know, but I do feel so much for you, please know that.

And I do pray that the officials all involved in this do have what is most important as priority, that is the family.

Love, Aly

PS again please forgive if way off target just know I am thinking about you and your child, and that you will remain together.

I'd really like to start a discussion somewhere about the whole online relationship trust issue thing. I've been burned a few times, too. No where near as bad as Susan... but burned none-the-less.

Where would this go? The relationship board? Does anyone have any suggestions for the topic title? I suck at topic titles.

Guest FrannyNZooey

I'd really like to start a discussion somewhere about the whole online relationship trust issue thing. I've been burned a few times, too. No where near as bad as Susan... but burned none-the-less.

Where would this go? The relationship board? Does anyone have any suggestions for the topic title? I suck at topic titles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it does seem this has taken a whole different and very important turn, issue.

So many titles come to mind, but feel it would be best from one that had it done.

Good Luck and Love,

Aly

Archived