CrazyBoards.org

So, when I look up trichotillomania, its mostly head hair pulling. I pull other hairs. A first it was my legs...then my eyebrows and armpits and then my pubic hairs. I feel disgusted about it and am too embarrassed to talk about it to my therapist. Its really gross to me and I want to stop but I can't. I go into the bathroom and pluck for hours sometimes. I don't know what to do. Any tips? Please...?

@SephoraPuller, I know it will be difficult, but you really need to tell your therapist about this behavior.....

The therapist is there to help you, and he/she can't help you to the best of their ability, if they don't know what's going on..........Do you have a pdoc (psychiatrist)?.....

On 3/13/2017 at 8:28 PM, SephoraPuller said:

So, when I look up trichotillomania, its mostly head hair pulling. I pull other hairs. A first it was my legs...then my eyebrows and armpits and then my pubic hairs. I feel disgusted about it and am too embarrassed to talk about it to my therapist. Its really gross to me and I want to stop but I can't. I go into the bathroom and pluck for hours sometimes. I don't know what to do. Any tips? Please...?

I agree with Crazyredhead, even though there are some things I'm too embarrassed to talk to mine about too. But anyway... if it's too hard to actually say (for me it's often worse to say things aloud) could you write it down? Email him/her? They'd be the person most likely to help you with this.

Perhaps an online support group for the condition? I know you said it's more commonly head hair that is pulled, but I would think you should find some compassion and understanding in that type of setting regardless. 

Edited by her-escape