CrazyBoards.org

Short Term disability from work

nevermind I just read a past thread about this.

Now that I think about it I feel like I'm letting them win by just giving  in. Because they can make friends and chitter chat all day and do their work it makes me feel uncomfortable so I have labeled myself  as the problem and want to bow out. Fuk them ! I'm sick of these Type A personalities draining my energy and trying to get me to change, fuk em all!!  ;)

I've been off sick from Uni for three months and will be off for at least another six months, I can't work in that period at all and can do limited volunteer work. I am a creative person with hobbies who volunteers but it is driving me LOCO being at home all day, how do people live like this?

• 3 weeks later...

I was on short-term for 4 months.  The insurance company tried to deny it 3 times and I disputed it each time and got further information from my doctor submitted to them.  I was approved for the entire time, but they hassled me and I had to go several weeks without pay.  I recieved it in the end in a lump sum.

You can get short-term if you need it, but don't expect smooth pay schedules.  They will fight you, but if your doctor truly feels you cannot work, you will win.

I'm wondering now about long-term now.  I'm having a hell of a time coping after being back for 2 months.  I don't think I have survived a 5 day work week yet, used up almost all my sick days.  Fuck.

Short-term was such a hassle,  I can only imagine what they would put me through for long-term.  I have visions of living in a park with a shopping cart soon.......

Archived